Magic Merbabies :: Original
"Create fun colours in you bath!"
Magic Merbabies were produced by Hasbro/Vivid Imaginations around 2001-04 (In Italy they were produced by Gigi). They were a series of small dolls with mermaid clothing and colourful hair, made for play in water. Each doll came with a packet of "Fizzy Tints" (also called "Bath Tints"), for colouring bath water. There were also a few playsets produced.
They were sold in parts of Europe under varying names:
- France: Mes Jolies Petites Sirènes (My Pretty Little Mermaid)
- Italy: Magiche Piccole Sirene (Magical Little Mermaid)
- Germany: Zauberhafte Badenixen (Magical Mermaids)
Throughout the series there were three types of head moulds used, with either a pony tail or bunchies, in various singular bright colours. There were also three skin tones used. No combination was used more than once, so all dolls were unique.
"The new Merbabies are a collection of six miniature mermaid dolls designed to make bathtime more fun. When kids put a Tub Tints tablet into the Merbaby's tail fin, they watch the doll create a colourful trail. Merbabies come with their own brush and their own Mer-Pet."
The six original dolls each came with Mer-Pet, a packet of Fizzy Tints and a brush.
- Amber c/w mer-dog and a purple brush
- Aqua c/w mer-seal Snowie
- Hula c/w mer-parrot Squawk
- Jade c/w mer-seahorse and a hot pink brush
- Karma c/w mer-fish and a hot pink brush
- Unknown Name c/w mer-cat