Nerfuls :: Figures
"Mix 'em, match 'em, roll 'em , change 'em, pose 'em, bounce 'em. They're a ball to be around!"
Nerfuls were produced by Parker Brothers in USA, Kenner in the UK and Cromy in Argentina from 1985-87. They consisted of 3-pieces - hat/hair, ball-face and plastic body. All the parts were interchangeable and the ball-face itself could bounce.
Original Figures"Nerfuls are a group of bouncy, colourful little creatures who love fast action and great fun! They've traveled far from their tiny planet, Erf, just so they can roll around, bounce around, and always be around children. Make Nerfuls your friend and keep the good times rolling!
When you take away the top and bottom of any Nerfuls 3-peice figure you'll have a real ball. Each round. little face is a ball for rolling, spinning, tossing and catching. But what makes Nerfuls even more fun to be around is the way you can take them apart and put them together in all sorts of silly ways!"
There were eight characters in the original series of Nerfuls. The UK had slightly different names from the USA (UK names stated first).
|Betty Ball||Benny Ball
- Bart Ball is the father of the Ball family. Everyone knows him as "Bart Ball the doughnut salesman", who loves to tell the corniest jokes around!
- Betty Ball is the mother of the Ball family. She's cheerful and always looks on the bright side of life. Betty Ball has her hands full trying to keep her family active, happy, and well-rounded.
- Bitsy Ball is the teenage daughter of the Ball family. She's always bouncy, bubbly, and full of energy. Because Bitsy Ball loves to dance, she's never without her radio.
- Budd Ball is the son of the Betty Ball and Bart Ball. He has all of the Nerfuls best qualities rolled into one, although at times Budd Ball can be a bit mischievous and loves to start trouble with his ever-ready slingshot!
- Captain Nerfuls brought all of the Nerfuls from Erf to Earth in his ball-shaped shuttle. He's a little spaced out and sometimes gets things mixed up!
- Officer Bob keeps law and order by making his daily rounds. He's a good friend to the younger Nerfuls. Day or night, you can count on Officer Bob to be wearing his sunglasses.
- Fetch is Budd Ball's true-blue ball terrier. He's forever digging things up and bringing them around for everyone to see. Of course, Fetch loves to fetch.
- Scratch is the cool cat of the Nerfuls characters. Most of the time she just rolls around or plays with her ball of yarn. But whenever she can, she likes to play tricks on Fetch.
In Argentina there were only six characters released (no Astro or Fetch). They were made out of slightly harder plastic, weren't painted as well and some colours differed. Three on them also came on skates (like Katie from Nerfuls On Wheels). On the boxes the skates were all yellow, but seem to be either blue or red. Also, Barty's head was actually Fetch's!
The USA Nerfuls came in large square window boxes with a flap on the top, whilst in the UK they came on blister cards. In Argentina they came on blister cards (rare) or in small cardboard boxes and each character was shown painted properly, where as in fact a lot of the details were actually left unpainted.
|UK Packaging||USA Packaging|
|Argentinean Box Packaging [front & back]||Argentinean Card Packaging [front & back]|
Nerfuls On Wheels
"Nerfuls On Wheels are fast movers! Snap on any Nerfuls 3-peice figure and they're off and rolling."
There were four Nerfuls On Wheels. Each one was just like the original 3-peice Nerfuls, only with an added toy to ride on. There was only one character renamed in the UK set (stated first).
|Frankie with Wagon||Katie with Skates||Speedy with Bicycle||Stevie / Stewie with Skateboard|
- Frankie is the youngest member of the Nerfuls gang. He's a real daredevil who loves to zoom around on his bright red wagon. If Frankie takes a spill, he's always quick to bounce back.
- Katie is the tomboy of the Nerfuls gang. She pals around with Budd Ball and the other boys, skating all over town. Though they all try, no one can skate as fast as Katie!
- Speedy is a little Nerfuls character with big ideas. Whenever someone's in trouble, Speedy races to the rescue aboard his big tricycle. But sometimes, Speedy's "super deeds" turn into "super duds"!
- Stewie is the Nerfuls smart-aleck rabbit. When he's not making wisecracks, he's skateboarding here and there, nibbling on radishes, peas, doughnuts, and other round foods.
Exclusive Mail Order Offers
There were three exclusive Mail Order offer Nerfuls. The first Nerfuls offered was simply named "13th Character" This came from him literally being the 13th Nerful in production as he came after the eight original Nerfuls and the four Nerfuls On Wheels. Tumbles the Gymnast was offered in 1987 and Honey Bear just after that exclusively in the UK. Honey Bear was also due to be released as part of the second series of 3-peice Nerfuls, but it never happened (see Unreleased Nerfuls).
- Un-named 13th Character
- Tumbles the Gymnast
- Honey Bear [UK]
|13th Character||Tumbles the Gymnast||Honey Bear|