Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: EWW what casued these spots and how do I get rid of them.  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Rider of the storm

EWW what casued these spots and how do I get rid of them.
« on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 01:26 am »
I pulled my MLPS out of the attic and one looks like this ewwwww:
http://picasaweb.google.com/107468114308058405060/OutDarnSpot#5520638357576088786

What are these spots and how do I get rid of them . The spots are confined to the tail area and the back legs any ideas ?

Offline Bren41882

Re: EWW what casued these spots and how do I get rid of them.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 01:44 am »
It's either mold or Pony Cancer. Are you a member of The MLP Arena if you are there are instructions there on how to clean it if your not let me know and I'll get the instructions for you you'll definatly want to clean it quick if it's mold it will spread and keep the affected ponies away from any plastic or rubbery toys that aren't affected it can spread to them too if it's "pony cancer" I don't think it can spread or cleaned off but I do think it can be lightened by sunfading I wouldn't do anything till you're sure of what it is just keep then quarenteened till you can treat them if it seems like too much work for you don't throw them out there are plenty of collectors who will buy or even clean them up for you for a decent price hope this helps

Bren
"Death does not stop true love, all it can do is delay it for awhile."-Westley in The Princess Bride

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 02:41 am »
I am not on the MLP forum I do not collect these. The collection has been in the attic for over 10 years so maybe it is mold. There was about 100 ponies in there but so far this is the only one who is discolored so far. I will get more info when I can I will look at the pony on Sunday .

Offline Bren41882

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 08:16 am »
I'll look up those cleaning instructions for you later. Just out of Curiosity what do you plan on doing with the ponies? If you don't want to keep them I can help you with pricing them and finding them good homes even fakie ponies are well loved by MLP collectors.
"Death does not stop true love, all it can do is delay it for awhile."-Westley in The Princess Bride

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 12:44 am »
I do not want to keep them but not all the ponies are mine some belong to my other two sisters I will have to ask them which ones are theirs. Most of the ones I have are bait condition one is deflocked beyond repair with the flocking rubbed completely off and the hair is faded and almost gone . I have some of the out fits too .

anything