Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Should I keep this Baby Crissy Doll Box?  (Read 4575 times)

Offline mackfun

Should I keep this Baby Crissy Doll Box?
« on: Monday 27 September 2010, 01:02 am »
I got this old Baby Crissy doll in box but the box is beat up pretty bad.  Should I keep the box or just the doll, I actually want to sell it and I'm not sure if the box adds value in this condition.

Offline Rider of the storm

Re: Should I keep this Baby Crissy Doll Box?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 01:34 am »
Good question some time the box is worth more than the toy . I would keep the box even though it is damaged . I have the same issue I got about three action figures that are in great shape but the cards , and bubbles on the package are in poor shape. If the box is just bent I would keep it If it is ripped , torn , warped , or peeling I would not keep it.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 03:11 am »
Maybe you can put something heavy and box/book-like inside and outside of the top of the box to straighten it out again.

This seller is trying for $199 with a box in good condition: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-24-Ideal-BABY-CRISSY-DOLL-Near-Mint-BOX-/120621303295?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c159705ff

I think that's a good sign that you might want to keep it.
-Em
;)

Offline MercurialMonster

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 07:18 am »
I bought a Fairy Tail bird once that was MIB... but the box was crushed to the point that you could hardly see the bird inside.   I removed her and the accessories, and then salvaged what I could of the box... the backcard part wasn't too bad once I removed it from the rest of the box and flattened it, and some of the graphics on the sides were so cute, I cut the birds out for future use.

I don't know much about Crissy Dolls, so I can't tell you if the box is worth anything.   Since you plan on selling the doll, I just say leave her in there, and let the new owner decide what to do.

Offline Coma

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 October 2010, 04:31 pm »

I'd definitely keep it. Original packaging is always nice to have, even if it's not for display purposes.

I bought a boxed Rainbow Brite doll a couple of months ago, and due to the absolutely terrible packaging from the seller, it arrived completely completely crushed. The front sheet of acetate was completely split in two and the top of the box was torn into pieces and flattened. The whole reason I wanted the doll as because it was boxed, so I was determined to fix it!

I removed the split sheet and replaced it with new sheet acetate, which you can find in any art store. I had to create a supporting frame for the top of the box and piece-by-piece glued the original box together. It looks virtually perfect, you'd never guess it had been through so much!

So, if you feel like a craft project you could try something similar with your doll, it doesn't look beyond repair!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #5 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 02:44 am »
i would keep the box just for the sake of having info and until you find a better one.