Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Please help me identify this plush  (Read 4333 times)

Offline starfroggy

Please help me identify this plush
« on: Saturday 07 May 2011, 01:14 am »
Please help me identify my beloved plush! I have had her since I was born (1986) and I have not been able to find any information on her, but she is so interesting!

She is marked Copyright (c)1986 A.E.B. all over her body. Her tag has faded over the years to complete white so beyond her colorfully printed body and this copyright I don't know anything about her.  I'm pretty sure she is supposed to be a cat although she does not have a tail. And I have no idea if she came with any clothes. There is a picture I have of when I was a baby with her and she wasn't wearing any but she was brand new.

Anyone with any information would be greatly appreciated!!

« Last Edit: Thursday 12 May 2011, 01:44 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline bjnorvell

Re: Please help me identify this plush
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 May 2011, 05:08 am »
are you from the UK or US?
My first thought was it is homemade, but you said there is a tag. Do you remember if it came in a box or anything like that?

Offline starfroggy

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 May 2011, 07:34 pm »
Talked to my mom this morning and she told me she is the one who bought her for me. Im from the US and she said she did buy it here. She said it was either from a KMart, Wal-Mart, or the PX/AAFES. She said if it came in a box it was a half box with just a back n bottom and maybe tiny sides. She does remember finding it in a display bin/box. And she said there may have been another animal too maybe a dog or bunny. She didnt come with any clothes or accessories.

I did try to do a little research on A.E.B. and all I found was that in 1986 they did have a case with Tonka. They were listed as A.E.B & Associates a design and marketing company. And I found another reference to someone that worked for McFarlane Toys/A.E.B. for over 20 years. I dont know if any of this helps at all but I do appreciate the help! :-)

Offline bjnorvell

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 May 2011, 04:35 am »
I am looking to see if I can find it but no luck so far.
To me looks like it has a Hawaiian theme to it

Offline pirateparakeet

« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 May 2011, 12:30 am »
I don't know what that is, but I have a neon pink two-toned plush dog that I've had as long as I can remember with the exact same eyes. I have no idea where it came from. Also in the US.
Always looking for my little ponies!

anything