Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Any information/links on Trolls?  (Read 3066 times)

Offline EmBee

Any information/links on Trolls?
« on: Friday 12 November 2010, 08:26 pm »
I can't seem to find any toy guides for trolls.. I know there were many different companies and lines produced.  I am slightly overwhelmed!  I'm trying to focus of course on the ones made in the 1990s.

Thanks for any information.
-Em
;)

Offline Rider of the storm

Re: Any information/links on Trolls?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 November 2010, 03:57 am »
I have no idea if this helps but this is written on the back of a mint on card troll doll .

The card reads copy right Uneeda doll company  MCMLXXXXII Brooklyn NY 11232-2494 asstmt. 70305
Not sutable for children under the age of five.
advice to parents brush hair carefully before giving to your child
what ?

Offline EmBee

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 November 2010, 03:44 am »
Hmm.. I don't think that helps me at this point, but maybe it will later on.  I'll take note of "Uneeda".  Thank you!

-Em
;)

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 November 2010, 03:55 am »
I tentatively collect trolls (ones with clothes that I find cheap at thrift stores) here's everything I know:

Norfin, Russ, Ace Novelties and DAM are the most popular and recognized makers. Treasure Trolls are made by Ace Novelties. The patterns and combinations of hair color/body style and if applicable jewel are randomized. That is, there isn't a specific classification as to what hair colors went with what clothes/sizes etc. Think of them like Cabbage Patch Kids and Pound Puppies. They were randomized in the manufacturing process (we must make up a term for this in the toy community) so there is almost no end to the permutations of styles.

I hope that made sense. I'm high on nyquil at the moment.

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 November 2010, 01:03 am »
Your welcome Em , and according to the  card the troll doll is a Wishnik troll doll I am not kidding about the spelling either.

anything