Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: What can we tell from these pictures?  (Read 7323 times)

Offline RBSprite82

What can we tell from these pictures?
« on: Wednesday 29 August 2012, 12:53 pm »
I'm pretty positive this is Christmas 1990 but it could have been 1991. There are several things in this pic that I would like to ID but most of all, my gown! I looks like it says Purr-fect Balance and I seem to remember it being a picture of a cat gymnast? I had a doll that wore the same gown. I have tried for years to figure out what it was.

Next, any idea what I'm holding?

Any idea what Barbie product that was or maybe the orange toy in the back?

Any idea what my sister is holding or what the name of the walkman I have is?

I know it's a long shot, but something in one of these pics might jump out at one of you =)
« Last Edit: Wednesday 29 August 2012, 01:05 pm by RBSprite82 »

Offline Mysstica

Re: What can we tell from these pictures?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 August 2012, 01:16 pm »
I believe that there were tons of generic versions of the shirt and doll shirt that you're talking about; I had one with two bears on it. I still have the doll one; I'll go see if there's a tag in it..... Okay, no tag. It doesn't look like there ever was one. Hmm...

I believe that the box you're holding is "Quints." (There are tons of sub-categories at the bottom of the page here.) http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_Quints.htm

It looks like your sister is holding a "See n Say," which they're actually still making! There have been soooooooooooo many different versions over the years, it would probably be quite a chore to ID yours. :P

It looks like this one (left) was terribly popular: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1989-See-n-Say-Lot-of-2-FARMER-SAYS-MICKEY-ABCS-Very-Nice-/221113284766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337b60f89e
« Last Edit: Wednesday 29 August 2012, 01:49 pm by Mysstica »

Offline RBSprite82

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 August 2012, 02:38 pm »
Thanks for the info on the shirts/gown? Mine was long, was yours?

I'm not sure if that's Quints or not. I have spent an hour digging through old pictures and I found another pic: (Terrible quality, it's an ipod pic =/ )

I think you're right about the See n Say, my sister loved Mickey so it very well could have been the mickey one =)

« Last Edit: Thursday 30 August 2012, 06:12 am by RBSprite82 »

Offline RBSprite82

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 August 2012, 02:44 pm »
OMG!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2830-NRFB-Vintage-TYCO-Quints-Wagon-5-Accessory-/150801413833#ht_839wt_1139

That's what I'm holding, isn't it? Aww! I think they are two different boxes, the first one must have been the babies. It looks like it may have been these from the box and I know mine were blonde so I bet it was: :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1792-NRFB-Vintage-TYCO-Quints-Special-for-5-Bottle-Blonde-Dolls-/150678190042?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23151eb7da#ht_859wt_1186

I'm so glad you said Quints, I would have never figured that out. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Wednesday 29 August 2012, 02:51 pm by RBSprite82 »

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 August 2012, 03:54 pm »
Yes, mine was a night gown. The length was above the knee, I believe.

Okay, so I realize that this is a sorry excuse for a picture, but this is when I first got the matching night gown... in the back... in the box. -hehe- Here's something to note, though: the bottom of my night gown was ruffled, but the doll's wasn't. If you think it may help, I can post the picture of my doll's night gown?? Let me know.

EDIT: Ack, I guess I'd better post the picture! Doh! :P

Offline RBSprite82

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 August 2012, 04:43 pm »
If it's not too much trouble, I would like to see your doll's gown! =)

Offline RBSprite82

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 01 September 2012, 08:10 am »
I found a better picture at my Moms tonight.. I hadn't seen this one before =)

Offline vintagequeen16

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 06 September 2012, 04:29 am »
I had SO many nightgowns that looked just like that.  Where they like, generic department store nightgowns that had matching doll ones for a Christmas special type thing?

Offline BondGirlOO17

« Reply #8 on: Friday 14 September 2012, 06:56 am »
Oooo, I had three different nightgowns with matching baby doll nightgowns very much like that, but not that same picture! On all of mine the doll's gown had the same ruffle on the bottom as mine did. I have no idea what happened to them, but I loved them when I had them!

Offline skippercollector

« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 September 2012, 03:21 pm »
Is the orange item behind you in the first photo Garfield?

I think the Barbie item in the pink box is the All Stars Action Scooter from 1990 (the box says 1989, which is why the ebay ad has that date on it).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Barbie-All-Stars-Action-Scooter-7486-In-Original-Box-/280963777928?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416abf0588

It looks like Santa Claus also brought you this Barbie case:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Barbie-dolls-LOT-8-Dolls-1989-Carrying-case-have-severalOTHERS-/280835083751

Offline pikapal

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 September 2012, 05:09 pm »
I should have recognized that case! I had the same one as a kid.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 September 2012, 05:13 am »
I had a nightgown like that too! It was pink and it had a sleeping dalmatian on it that said "A nice spot to nap" or something like that. It wasn't the same as your kitty nightgown, but it was similar enough! The ruffles and everything were in the same spots, just that my ruffles were pink, not blue.

I think there's a picture somewhere of my puppy wearing the doll sized one, but I have no idea where it would be. That's also sometime around the last time I saw the doll gown to be honest with you.

Calling all teddy experts! Please help me find my Cuddle Bear!

anything