Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Got out my She-ras today--disappointed  (Read 4040 times)

Offline apanda0622

Got out my She-ras today--disappointed
« on: Monday 20 December 2010, 02:39 am »
Well, I got my She-ras out of the garage loft today, and I'm kinda disappointed.  =-(

They are really played with--paint rubs, messed up hair, broken items. 

And missing way more accesories than I ever thought.  Some accesories I remember having, but they were not with my stuff--like all the combs.  The only hope is they are with the castle (still in the loft) or my barbie stuff (still in the loft).

Anyone else ever been disappointed after finding their old toys?

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
Re: Got out my She-ras today--disappointed
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 December 2010, 03:16 am »
Oh bummer!

I sometimes get disappointed when I receive an item from online and it smells like SMOKE. Ugh! Hate that!

Offline ianthe99

« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 December 2010, 11:45 am »
I was a little upset when I got some of my old toys out. My Mom had stored them in an outside shed.. so some were not in the best shape. The really bad part is.. I was SUPER careful with my toys, so most of them should have been near mint.

My MLP though.. well, that was my fault. They're not in bad shape, but apparently I put them in a box with teddy bear shaped sequins... and the color stained my ponies. So now some have teddy bear shaped stains, or just random colored marks. Oh well, I still love em.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 December 2010, 07:12 pm »
Yes that has happened to me before.  Little tip:  Don't leave horse models in the attic with rubbery saddles and reins on because they will melt an indention into the horse, especially if they are snug.  ._.

-Em
;)

Offline catlover51

« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 December 2010, 07:22 pm »
When we moved we just shoved stuff into boxes -only careful with the fragile stuff. I have boxes in the shed of random stuff and since all of those nasty bills need to be paid I have to work and don't have time to go and sort. Although with several feet of snow I can't get there anyway.  :( I think I have finally sorted all of the boxes in the house but I know I have other stuff. The worst part is when I went to check on the stuff just before snow, we had mice that had gotten into some bins and completely destroyed both the bins and the stuff inside. I am trying to make room in the house for the stuff so they don't get more but cringing I know they will.

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 December 2010, 12:56 am »
Yes this happened to some of my toys too. I sorted out my action figures and found parts for three that I no longer have what am I supposed to do with these accessories ? I also found out that after 10 years in the attic some of my ponies have odd spots on them . I have to check the other ones out after Christmas.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 December 2010, 11:08 pm »
well we found half of our LPS and guess what the other one accidentally got donated and THAT one contained 70% of all the pets we had.  :'(   

anything