Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Bearry Family] Help finding toy (white carry-house, bear family)  (Read 9797 times)

Offline Ianua

Re: Help finding toy from my childhood (Tiny white carry-house with bear family)
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 01:58 pm »
The bears Maria is trying to identify are much bigger as well at least twice the size of the blue bird ones still haven't tracked down a pic yet Maria will keep looking xx

Offline marialuisa_mt

• Los Barriguitas de Famosa
Re: Help finding toy from my childhood (Tiny white carry-house with bear family)
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 03:33 pm »
Thank you so much, Ianua! i really appreciate all your efforts!
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline marialuisa_mt

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 04:07 pm »
Oh, my god!!!!!!!!! I found them!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! And all thank to you, Ianua! I search for them on ebay UK and found them! (the color of the carry-house is not white, is pink, but is exactly the same toy!). I would never suspect I had to look there if it wasn't for you!!! Here's the link to the ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220688179690&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Sadly the seller doesn't offer international postage, but I already asked if he or she might make an exception... I hope the answer would be positive! At least Now I know the name of the set: "Bearry Family" and the year: 1982. The only information missing is the brand, which is not distinguishible on the picture of the box... Does anyone here recognize the logo??? (a blue dolphin)
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 04:30 pm »
Yay! Here's the picture so everyone can see! :)

1982 Bearry Family Play Set:
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Ianua

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 27 October 2010, 07:30 pm »
Hooray so pleased you found them I even remember the rabbit now I see him and I must have been thinking about the fact the kids had coloured noses and the parents didn't when I said about the parents and kids looking different :)

Offline Ianua

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 27 October 2010, 07:35 pm »
Also if they won't post it I don't mind buying it then sending it to you, I'm in the UK  :D

Offline marialuisa_mt

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 27 October 2010, 11:59 pm »
Really, Ianua??? You are my absolute hero I must say!!! You are soooooooo kind and you don't know how much I appreciate it! I'll let you know what happens with the seller! And hank you again!
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline Ianua

« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 October 2010, 06:39 pm »
Just message me I'll check back daily I have a pay pal account anyway so it should be easy to buy it then post it to  you  if the seller wont :)

Offline toyid16

Re: [ID: Bearry Family] Help finding toy (white carry-house, bear family)
« Reply #23 on: Friday 07 January 2011, 05:18 am »
This cat family is exactly what I am looking for!! Do you know what the brand name is?

When I was a kid (the mid and late 80's) I had a bear family that looked just exactly as the cat family on this picture...

They came on a small portable white plastic dollhouse, with a molded handle on the top of the roof so you can carry it on like a lunch box. One of the sides was clear (as a window panel) and the other one was collapsible, so you can open it. It was a two story house, the collapsible side had a litography of stone floor and it came with a tiny plastic molded bear family composed by a dad on a blue suit, a mom on a pink dress and white apron, a son in yellow shirt and green pants, a daughter in red blouse and blue pants and a tiny black and white dog. (The clothes were also molded, and they "skin" was brown) They also had tiny furniture: Two little green chairs with its coffee-table, an orange hutch and a yellow piano (there may be some other furniture pieces, but I can't remember right now). The little bear family had the same height as the vintage fisher price little people, or the famosa (spain) "pin y pon", so about 2" high or so. I don't remember when exactly I received it as a gift from some friends of my parents, because I was very little at that moment, but since I was born on 1980, it should have been on the mid 80's.

I really hope you could help me with this, I'm desperate! I've been looking for this toy for years and still can't find it! Thank you very much in advance.

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Re: [ID: Bearry Family] Help finding toy (white carry-house, bear family)
« Reply #24 on: Friday 24 June 2011, 10:49 pm »
This cat family is exactly what I am looking for!! Do you know what the brand name is?

The cat's are from a series called "Meow Meow's Wonderland".

http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=1352.0
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!