Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Reissues or remakes of toy lines  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Rider of the storm

Reissues or remakes of toy lines
« on: Sunday 30 January 2011, 02:42 am »
Take a look at these photos from topless robot a nerd news site and tell me would you still collect the old line of toys compared to the new ones .

The one on the left is the new sculpt for the he man battle cat on the right is the original toy . With the new better sculpt would you still collect the original one knowing that a better sculpt is available ?

How about the new version of the old AT-AT from star wars ? The one on the left is the new one the one on the right is a remake of the one from the 1980s what one would you collect?

I am wondering with all the new versions of old toys coming out will there still be people collecting the original lines of toys ? What are your thoughts on this ?
« Last Edit: Sunday 30 January 2011, 02:45 am by Rider of the storm »

Offline Wardah

Re: Reissues or remakes of toy lines
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 January 2011, 05:27 am »
It really depends on the line. While I might prefer the newer ones in the examples you shown (even tho I would never want to collect either since I don't care for He Man or Star Wars) there are plenty of lines where I want both the old and the new ones. My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop, and Strawberry Shortcake and now Cupcakes are just a few that come to mind. Maybe it is because the new ones are not just more detailed remakes of the original designs but different designs even if they share the same name that they cannot replace the originals.