Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Favorite Children's Books  (Read 19327 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

Re: Favorite Children's Books
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 07 May 2011, 10:23 pm »
ok now i remember more i now have two of the uncle wiggly series that our librarian used to read to us.

there are many more but i can't think of them right now.

Offline zoeshouseofplush

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 17 May 2011, 07:23 pm »
I am glad someone mentioned watership down.

A few faverites of mine are.

The animals of farthing wood series
the city cat trilogy both by colin dann
animal farm
and gobbolino the witches cat (first discovered through the story teller series of tapes if anybody remembers them)

Offline Ianua

« Reply #17 on: Thursday 09 June 2011, 07:22 pm »
Goosebump books I read the whole lot I couldn't get enough of them at one stage in my life lol

my fav book though I can't find on the net or over my mums it was about a female wolf lookin for a suitor but she had more than tail and refused all other foxes with less tails than her then one fox came along with loads of tails lol. Very odd but I loved it wonder what it was calle lol xxx 

I loved this book too every suitor had one more tail but she wanted a fox with 9 :)

Offline Ianua

« Reply #18 on: Thursday 09 June 2011, 07:31 pm »
I still have the book actually and it's still great I like it when the bear tries to marry her he he he

Offline hime

« Reply #19 on: Saturday 11 June 2011, 04:27 pm »
Two series spring to9 mind Madeline and Babar.

As well as anything by Dr Suess.

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #20 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 12:42 am »
My mama used to always read us the Berenstain Bears when we were younger. They were given to me now that I have kids, and I'm adding to the collection that she started all of those years ago. :D

The book that first gave me a love of reading was Christopher Pike's Spooksville #3 The Haunted Cave. I still have it and am still collecting them (for my kids, so hopefully they actually have an interest in them later on.) ;)

« Reply #21 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 03:46 pm »
come to think of it i am looking to find the rest of the serendipity press series by cosgrove. I loved them as a kid and they were the most wanted books in elementary school. then one year they had to make room for more books and POOF they were gone!  :o i have about 14 of them but i think there are over 50 in the whole set.

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #22 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 05:31 pm »
I know that someone on here had a couple for sale. (I have Jingle Bear and Crickle Crack.)

I still have a game from when my brother was younger, and I pulled it out to play it with my kids a few nights ago and realized I didn't know the name of it, so I looked it up. It only took a few seconds to find the name: Turtle Recall. It was interesting to see the instructions and learn that we'd been playing it "wrong." ;)

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/19973/turtle-recall

Offline mouse

« Reply #23 on: Monday 17 October 2011, 01:54 am »
come to think of it i am looking to find the rest of the serendipity press series by cosgrove. I loved them as a kid and they were the most wanted books in elementary school. then one year they had to make room for more books and POOF they were gone!  :o i have about 14 of them but i think there are over 50 in the whole set.

I had a number of the harcover books when I was younger but only kept The Little Mouse on the Prairie. Wikipedia has alist of the books - apparently there have been more than 70: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity_%28book_series%29  I've since got some more. I always wanted the book 'Flutterby' because the pictures are so lovely. I only like the books for the pictures - I don't really like the stories at all and I've always thought the portraits of the author/illustrator were creepy! I have another book by Stephen Cosgrove because it's a troll book - he wrote a series of Treasure Troll books. The illustrations are by someone different (and not at all as nice as the ones in the Serendipity books).

Oh this is a good site: http://www.iblist.com/ it's an internet book list so you can see all the books by an author or in a  series etc...

« Reply #24 on: Monday 17 October 2011, 02:45 am »
wow thanks now i know exactly what i am missing!!! i hope to find them all some day  ;D

Offline TheMinorityof1990

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 11 September 2013, 07:45 pm »
I've been looking for a number of books for a while now.

1. A book about cats, might be two books. All I remember is: there were two kittens who got jealous of another cat or kitten coming to live in their home and they scratched their owners knees, and a cat who thought another cat, called Jenny, was drowning but she was actually dancing.
2. A series of books about animals, a dog who I think was called Jessie, and a pig, amongst other characters. The pig had to babysit once. I can't remember the outcome, but I don't think it was good.

I'll post again if I remember anything more.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 11 September 2013, 09:12 pm by TheMinorityof1990 »

Offline dog717

« Reply #26 on: Thursday 12 September 2013, 02:55 pm »
Sweet Pickles
Bonhomme
Animorphs
Strider
Beverly Cleary's Ramona series
The plant that ate dirty socks
Barney Beagle

anything