Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Make u think cartoons  (Read 5373 times)

Offline nsunshine

Make u think cartoons
« on: Tuesday 19 April 2011, 04:13 am »
I'm new here but I just want to know, who likes Hayao Miyazaki films? I think they are just absolutely mind blowing! I, myself, have to watch them several times to get the entire picture...but I can watch the same one for days!!! I don't know if anyone else noticed but when Disney took over and started selling his movies, they edited them or changed them! Like Totoro!!! I don't know why they did it but changed almost the whole thing...and there seemed like no reason to! But anyways, i just wanted to see if there were any fans here!

Thanks  for looking!1

NSunShine

Offline hime

Re: Make u think cartoons
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 April 2011, 03:59 pm »
I love Miyazaki films(I couldn't call myself an "Otaku" If I didn't lol!)

I'm not suprised the edit them american translaters due that to remove content that might be offensive to Americans and a lot of times I agree with what gets edited out however in some cases it's offensive(Cardcap[tors and Dragonball z kai come to mind)

However me myself prefer to watch subbed when I have the option to.

My fave Myazaki is his mopst recent "Ponyo"

Offline nsunshine

Re: Make u think cartoons
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 April 2011, 06:25 pm »
Yea, I used to have Totoro when Fox family released it...and thats the classic to me! I loooovvve ponyo too, but i don't think I can pick a favorite...I just hope he comes out with another soon!!! I need to watch anothe please!!!