Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Long Limbed Puppet & Mouse Beanie Toys [Feb 2009]  (Read 6400 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Long Limbed Puppet & Mouse Beanie Toys [Feb 2009]
« on: Sunday 07 March 2010, 06:29 pm »
Kelly emailed me four descriptions, two of which have now been identified:

"I have a few things that I would absolutely LOVE to find out what they are called, and I apologise now for vague descriptions. From what I can remember, they were probably early to mid 80s when I had them.

1:"I believe it was a puppet, it had really long arms and legs (think they were velcro, not positive). It had long brown shaggy hair, and I think it had yellow or brown eyes. I can't recall if it had a nose or not.

2:"It was a gray mouse, had light pink inner ears. I am pretty sure it didn't have a tail, but I could be wrong and I'm just not picturing it. I believe it had black eyes. The inside of the mouse was stuffed with what was like a plastic bead type pellets.

Thank you for any help! Kelly
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Re: Long Limbed Puppet & Mouse Beanie Toys [Feb 2009]
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 April 2011, 09:01 am »
1:"I believe it was a puppet, it had really long arms and legs (think they were velcro, not positive). It had long brown shaggy hair, and I think it had yellow or brown eyes. I can't recall if it had a nose or not.

Kelly just emailed me with this addition:

"Well I have been looking and I "think" I may have found what the long limbed puppet was, I found 'Furry Huggems' but I can only seem to find one that looks like a dog and no other variations, maybe it will help to find the brown puppet I described?  Im not sure if this is the right one or not, but seems to have the same type of long hair that mine did (It may have even had the really long hair as seen on the ears on its whole entire body, and it was all dark brown). Mine did not have ears that I remember, and I don't think it had a tail, but I could be wrong...I also wanted to add, Im pretty sure you put your arm into his whole body and then your hand goes into the mouth.  I want to say his nose may have been oval or like the one pictured on the dog.  I found this link to one for sale on Ebay, so maybe someone could either find and confirm or if they know of another company that made something similar?
Thanks again!!
Kelly"

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380322416292

1980'S FURRY HUGGEMS ORIGINAL HUGGING PUPPY DOG PUPPET
Seller: nakedshrimp

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 April 2011, 09:12 am »

Offline Dragonette

« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 April 2011, 03:20 pm »
If it does turn out to be a Furry Huggem, I found a picture of the tag by the company if that helps...

Link

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Saturday 30 April 2011, 04:13 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline Dragonette

« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 April 2011, 03:24 pm »
tag from the maker, I dont remember what kind of tag mine had.

Offline Dragonette

« Reply #5 on: Friday 29 April 2011, 03:45 pm »
I also just found this listin on ebay...he doesnt say who the manufacturer was but it is shaggier

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180659546938
« Last Edit: Saturday 30 April 2011, 04:17 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

anything
anything