Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Looking for an old movie had a koala wearing glasses...?  (Read 10369 times)

Offline kiddy2468

Looking for an old movie had a koala wearing glasses...?
« on: Wednesday 20 April 2011, 04:18 am »
Okay back when I was very young about five years old I remember watching a movie on TV. I doubt that the movie is canadian but it aired on Family Channel back in the day and it was 1991. Now this movie was on TV a lot and I remember a girl with orange hair wearing a yellow dress and a koala wearing glasses. I don't remember the whole reason for the koala having to wear glasses but I remember he wears them for most of the movie. I think there was a hospital in the movie somewhere too I remember that. So can anyone help me out this movie is in my mind but I just need to know the title.

Offline Ginarian

Re: Looking for an old movie had a koala wearing glasses...?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 April 2011, 07:30 am »
Not sure if this is it, but there was a show in the 80's or 90's called Noozles that had 2 koala bears and a little girl similar to the one you mentioned (red hair, yellow dress).  It was a series and not a movie, though.  And I don't recall any of the koalas wearing glasses.  But it could be the thing you are thinking of.  I believe it was on the Family Channel.

Offline Freeindeed

• Good Boy Toys
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 April 2011, 12:28 pm »
I was thinking it might be Noozles too! It was on Nickelodeon here in the US. I used to love that show! I wish I could see it again.

Offline hime

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 April 2011, 04:00 pm »
The girl wasn't wearing a yellow dress though could it have been "Dot and the koal;a"? Dot wears a yellow dress and has red hair.

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 April 2011, 05:37 pm »
No it was not the Noozles I remember thsi koala was wearing an orange bandana type thing around its neck.
As for Dot and the Koala thanks for the lead I'll have to see what I can find.

Offline hime

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 April 2011, 10:22 pm »
your welcome.

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 April 2011, 11:53 pm »
Sorry but it wasn't Dot and the Koala but I think I may have found it there was one called Dot Goes to Hollywood. Where Dot Travels to Hollywood and becomes a film star to earn the money she needs so that her koala friend can an operation on his eyes. I am guessing that is where the hospital scene comes from and the glasses too. I never really understood the whole glasses part though. Too bad its not up on youtube anymore the user closed their account. I really wanted to see if it truly was the movie that I saw when I was little. The only other memory I have was being little and operating on our stuffed animals eyes with play kitchen utensils.

Offline pirateparakeet

Always looking for my little ponies!

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #8 on: Sunday 22 May 2011, 06:36 pm »
Thanks but that website didn't work for me I don't know how it works. But luckily I was able to find it for a torrent download so I'll see if that works.

Offline TheMinorityof1990

« Reply #9 on: Saturday 09 June 2012, 09:19 am »
It could have been the simpsons. There's a film called The Prisoner, in which people are trapped on this island, and The Simpsons have an epsiode based on this film.  There was a koala wearing wierd, green and yellow - I think - glasses, and Lisa, the daughter, has yellow hair and a reddy orange dress. Is it possible you mixed them up?

I'm not sure about there being an actual hospital, but they do get drugged a lot to keep them from escaping.

Could this be what you're thinking of?

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 July 2012, 06:54 am »
No it was definitely Dot Goes to Hollywood. I was able to find it and download it sure brought back memories. I twas not The Simpsons I know that much for sure I actually don't watch that show I tried to watch it but just couldn't get into it. I kind of hate the show to be honest.

anything