Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Unknown Rag Doll from the 90's  (Read 4196 times)

Offline iTrinket

Unknown Rag Doll from the 90's
« on: Tuesday 08 November 2011, 06:46 pm »
 So I used to have this rag doll that was so very precious to me when I was little. I named her "Dirty Doll" because I took her with me everywhere and when she got filthy I wouldn't let my mother wash her in fear she would drown her in the washing machine. She mysteriously disappeared years back, but knowing my mother she sold it in a garage sale or just tossed it out after becoming so filthy. Sadly I have no pictures of her and my memory of her appearance is a bit hazed after all these years.
 I distinctly remember her having Orange yarn-like hair with pigtails held by blue ribbons. When asking my mom about it she tells me they were braided but I just remember them hanging loose, so it may have came braided and I undid them. Her body was head to toe cloth and she wore overalls with possibly an orange shirt that I'm pretty sure were apart of her body and not removable. I have no certain recollection of her facial features though freckles do come to mind. I don't know if it helps but I seem to remember buying her at Wal-mart, but my mother claims she got it at Toys-R-Us.
 I know this is a complete shot in the dark but any help would be much appreciated and I would be eternally grateful.
Thanks,
iTrinket

Offline Mysstica

Re: Unknown Rag Doll from the 90's
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 November 2011, 09:59 pm »
About how big was she?

Offline iTrinket

Re: Unknown Rag Doll from the 90's
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 November 2011, 04:09 am »
Catlover51- No those don't seem to be her, but I do think she is from the Knickerbocker line, was just at an antique shop tonight and found a cowboy doll and when I saw his face I instantly thought of her! But I don't think Knickerbocker made dolls in the 90's....
Mysstica- I believe she had to be around 8-9 inches tall. But I may be wrong, back then she may have seemed a little larger than what she really was, so possibly also 5-6 inches.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 09 November 2011, 04:46 am by iTrinket »