Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: JEM doll character names trademarked 5/24/2011!! Reissues?! Gen 2?!?!?!  (Read 7728 times)

Offline pirateparakeet

(not MLP) JEM character names trademarked by Hasbro, 2011!! re-releases?!
omg. omg. omg.

I was browsing through Hasbro on trademarkia to see what interesting ponyness I could dig up, and found these:

Jerrica Benton:
JERRICA BENTON - Reviews & Brand Information - Hasbro, Inc. Pawtucket, RI - Serial Number: 85187175

Kimber Benton:
KIMBER BENTON - Reviews & Brand Information - Hasbro, Inc. Pawtucket, RI - Serial Number: 85187192

Rio Pacheco:
RIO PACHECO - Reviews & Brand Information - Hasbro, Inc. Pawtucket, RI - Serial Number: 85187178

Shana Elmsford:
SHANA ELMSFORD - Reviews & Brand Information - Hasbro, Inc. Pawtucket, RI - Serial Number: 85187184

Aja Leith:
AJA LEITH - Reviews & Brand Information - Hasbro, Inc. Pawtucket, RI - Serial Number: 85187181

Minx:
MINX - Reviews & Brand Information - Hasbro, Inc. Pawtucket, RI - Serial Number: 85187197

Goods and Services: Dolls, doll clothing and doll accessories; toy figures and playsets for use therewith
(notice it actually says DOLLS, not cartoon characters or merchandise!)

the trademarks were applied for 11/30/2010 and just approved 5/24/2011! We might be getting Jem G2 in stores this Christmas!!

Then I found:

JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS - Reviews & Brand Information - Hasbro, Inc. Pawtucket, RI - Serial Number: 85013390

Goods and Services: entertainment services, namely, media production services for motion pictures, television and Internet; entertainment services, namely, an on-going animated television series in the field of children's entertainment

Jem and the Holograms was re-trademarked also (above), and currently has an extension placed on it
This may just be because the tv show is running on Hub again, but it might also be a sign that they plan on revamping and releasing a new series. Don't know!
Always looking for my little ponies!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

Re: JEM doll character names trademarked 5/24/2011!! Reissues?! Gen 2?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 September 2011, 07:54 pm »
this could possibly be  a trademark renewal because they do eventually run out every so often, but  do not know what the duration is!

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 September 2011, 04:28 am »
I don't know what the big annoucement will be but there is suppose to be some big Hasbro annoucement of some upcoming Jem things.  The annoucement is going to be at the New York Comic Con on October 13-16.  Sounds like it's something more than just the dvd's coming out again.

Offline RBSprite82

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 September 2012, 05:21 pm »
Wikipedia:
"On June 27, 2012, Integrity Toys, Inc., announced their plans to release a brand-new series of collectible fashion dolls based on the TV series. The special edition Hollywood Jem doll will be available at the Hasbro Toy Shop booth during Comic-Con International in San Diego at an approximate retail price of $135.[44] The Jem doll sold out on Day two of Comic Con"   

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Also, several Hasbro shows will be released soon on Netflix, including Jem!

Offline alicewonder

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 September 2012, 06:18 pm »
Hipefully theyll do it justice to the origional.

Just curious what were the other shows?

Offline RBSprite82

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 September 2012, 01:40 am »
Just curious what were the other shows?

Well I checked and so far the only 80's versions I've found were Jem and GI Joe but they have the 2010 versions of Transformers Prime, My Little Pony and Pound Puppies.

anything