Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Merwees!  (Read 14938 times)

Offline EricaVee

Re: Merwees!
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 23 March 2010, 09:27 pm »
I have the dalmatian too! Next time I go to my parents house I will try and dig him out of the basement, I know I saw him there recently.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #16 on: Saturday 03 April 2010, 05:23 am »
Hey! I found a picture of another one and it happens to be the other one that I had! It was in a sales post that was years old. I asked if she was still selling, but I've had no reply. I don't really remember the doll that came with this one, but I distictly remember her catfish comb and her vanity. Her tail would slide under the bed so she could sit at the vanity.
« Last Edit: Friday 16 April 2010, 07:39 am by BattySparkles »

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #17 on: Saturday 03 April 2010, 07:24 am »
Ahh it's so great to see one of the playsets! Unfortunately this one doesn't ring any bells. Must not have been one of the two I had. I could have sworn it was a bedroom, but I guess not.

Thanks for finding and posting it!
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline zap18

« Reply #18 on: Saturday 03 April 2010, 11:04 pm »
I found the Waterfall playset at a thrift store a few days ago!

You guys brought me good thrifting vibes!

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #19 on: Sunday 04 April 2010, 12:16 am »
Hooray! No mermaids with it? How exciting either way!

Offline icey6969

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 13 April 2010, 03:51 am »
I Used To Have That Same Exact Bedroom Shell. I Dont Recall Her Having Blue Streaks Though... I Remember Mine Had Light Pink Streaks. I Also Had The Waterfall With The Rainbow Merwee. I Had 2 Others, 1 I Forgot What The Inside Was But It Had A Sky Blue Shell With A Black Merwee... Purple Or Blue Streaks Cant Remember. My Favorite Was A Aqua Green Bathroom Shell With A Merwee With Matching Green Streaks.

**EDIT**
If I Could Get My Hands On One Of The Bathroom Merwees Again, I'd Be In Heaven
**EDIT**
« Last Edit: Tuesday 13 April 2010, 03:54 am by icey6969 »

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 14 April 2010, 11:45 pm »
Could the African American one's shell have been some kind of restaurant? EricaVee said that she had and African American one with a restaurant.. so I figured maybe they're the same one.

Offline icey6969

« Reply #22 on: Thursday 15 April 2010, 04:52 am »
Oh My God!!! Thank You So Much. Yes That Was It And She Had Blue Streaks With A Purple Tail. Forgot What Sea Friend She Came With, But She Had A Dark Chocolate Skin Tone. >>BattySparkles<< Yes Your Correct... The Bedroom Shell Was Baby Pink With A Yellow Phone That "Hangs Up/Picks Up". My Guess Is That The Shell And Merwees Streak Color Are Always Matching. EX: Rainbow Waterfall Had Rainbow Streaks. The Bedroom Merwee Had A Pink Streak With A Pink Shell. The Bathroom Shell Merwee Had A Aqua Green Streak With A Aqua Green Shell. And Of Course, My Kitchen/Diner One Had A Sky Blue Streak With A Sky Blue Shell

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #23 on: Thursday 15 April 2010, 07:24 am »
I'm glad to have confirmation on the phone now! I was pretty sure, but the Merwee was in the way in the picture. BTW I changed it to the smaller version but now I think it's too small. First too big and now too small! Dx I'll try to make it medium sized! I think you must be correct about the streaks! My wedding Merwee has a purple streak and her shell was purple too!

Offline icey6969

« Reply #24 on: Friday 16 April 2010, 04:53 am »
Yes I Think I Actually Saw A Bigger Pic Of That On Flickr. I Think Im About To Just Go Thrift Store Hopping To Find Me Some Of Them So I Can Take Pics For You. Hopefully I Find One Atleast Still NIB So We Can All See The Boxes Again 8)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #25 on: Friday 16 April 2010, 07:40 am »
I really need to go to thrift stores more often! I changed the image back to the big one. If it's annoying I can go back to small.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #26 on: Friday 16 April 2010, 07:44 am »
I'm starting to think more and more that I had the wedding playset. The boy doll looks REALLY familiar, I know for sure I had a purple shell, and one of my dolls had a pink tail.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #27 on: Friday 16 April 2010, 09:36 am »
hey hey! I just posted a livejournal about Merwees.. It's probably not too interesting to anyone here, just repeats what we've discussed I guess, but I hope it will help other people remember them and I really hope it will help get more Merwees info and sellers! http://battycollector.livejournal.com/

also.. I feel like We've (mostly me) turned this thread into a discussion thread rather than a wanted thread.. Should we edit it? Perhaps put all of our discussions to the ID'd toys page?

ALSO! Zappy! We wanna see pics of the rainbow waterfall with your merwees! ^-^ I think I speak for all of us..
« Last Edit: Friday 16 April 2010, 11:04 am by BattySparkles »

Offline icey6969

« Reply #28 on: Saturday 17 April 2010, 12:01 am »
**Moved To Other Thread**

anything