Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Share your thrift store finds!  (Read 102881 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

Re: Share your thrift store finds!
« Reply #105 on: Sunday 05 June 2011, 11:46 pm »
i found her  today for fifty cents so i picked this pony up after the bath she looks much better

Offline emlou

« Reply #106 on: Thursday 30 June 2011, 11:32 am »
love this thread and seeing what others have found and since i have some free time i thought i would post a pic of the things i have found at car boot sales over the last few weeks.
I have collected garfields from a young age but i hardly find them now and when i do its always ones i already have, this site got me feeling nostalgic so now i look out for all sorts!

Offline manateejaq

« Reply #107 on: Saturday 02 July 2011, 03:48 am »
How many different Garfields are there Emlou? (I don't know much about them really.)

I had a little luck this morning. :) I found a Christmas Mouse puffalump and some fun Lisa Frank stencils. ^^

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #108 on: Monday 04 July 2011, 12:37 am »
Had  a horrible day at the flea market almost no toys mostly fast food toys and lots of todler toys. The only good find was a keyper I got for 25 cents. The keyper is baby little league and no accessories just the toy. If any one here wants the keyper PM me.

I also found a legend of Zelda horse . I found Gandorf 's horse but not him and it is the 2009 version. It was lose and only worth about 10 dollars if it was mint on card It would be worth 100 dollars.

Other than that some one had two nude strawberry short cake dolls not clothes pets ect wanted 2 dollars each for them who are they kidding. A few barbies all lose no clothes , a whole bag of them 12 dollars to much for a bunch of nude dolls. I should have taken a picture for you guys oh well.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday 14 September 2011, 11:31 pm »
went to the salvo the other day and saw two popple plush but passed them up i do not collect them.  The toy section is dismal there, other than that i went to a curch sale and fund five vintage fisher price circus animals for 75 cents.  ;D i also found a digimon figure missing a foot and an arm for $1.00 and it also had a yu gi oh dragon toy and a wolf that turned out to be a modern GI Joe toy. if anyone is interested i am selling the vintage fisher price pm me or email with your offer.

« Reply #110 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 10:44 pm »
Had quite the hull of action figures today there will be a few photos It was around 15 dollars total today.

First batch of action figures :

top row Aliens toy not sure of the year , X-men Shard(missile flyers line), Domino x-factor, banshee, and gen x phalanx.
Bottom row wolverine 1st edition, M-plate (gen x), Jubilee and Penance also gen x .

Top row x-men brood was free is missing a wing , storm black costume, morph, and weapon x green cables.

bottom row slay back , ice man, sauron.

she ra bad shape if any one wants her for a custom let me know.

Pony fakes one mc d's pony the fakes are tara ponies. The gen 3 on the top are hollow plastic no marks possible fakes ? all the ponies are up for trade/sale expect for the pink one with blue hair.

I have more but they are unknown but I am posting those on the id help list

« Last Edit: Sunday 18 September 2011, 10:46 pm by Rider of the storm »

Offline mouse

« Reply #111 on: Monday 19 September 2011, 02:06 am »

Pony fakes one mc d's pony the fakes are tara ponies. The gen 3 on the top are hollow plastic no marks possible fakes ? all the ponies are up for trade/sale expect for the pink one with blue hair.

I think the hollow my little ponies are made as cake toppers or as lolly bag (loot bag) fillers and they are licensed (so not fakies - just cheap official merchandise!)

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday 20 September 2011, 01:37 am »
thanks for letting me know what those are maybe  I should go bake a cake now ..... ::)

Offline MissAliRae

« Reply #113 on: Monday 10 October 2011, 02:16 am »
So this is my loot for Oct 6th o_O haha. It's .. quite a lot. I estimate 60-70 plushies in all. Some of them are very small though. I also have a few other toys that aren't pictures, a small pikachu, a polly pocket (missing pieces though) and a few other ones.

Clearly I have a problem...
Sorry for the bad quality, this was taken with my phone!

« Reply #114 on: Tuesday 11 October 2011, 01:08 am »
Nice find I had a friend of mine find these two for me today Stridor , and Night Stalker both from the MOTU line. I also found out that our local salvation army was undergoing renovations and is accepting toys again ! ;D  I will have to stop in some time and see what is there. I will post pics of the horses latter.

Here are some photos Night stalker is in great shape , but stridor is missing the gun on his right side and the helmet that came with him. Both are in great shape but need to be cleaned.

« Last Edit: Wednesday 12 October 2011, 03:46 am by Rider of the storm »

« Reply #115 on: Wednesday 01 February 2012, 11:34 pm »
It has been a long time since any one was at a thirft store but here are my finds of the day

I got a MLP for 69 cents but some one put marker dots all over her legs I am not keeping her so if any one wants to give her a new home PM me thanks .

some pony pictures she cleaned up nicely

I also found a puffkin  also 69 cents if you would like crystal( that is her name) PM me
please thanks.

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #116 on: Saturday 25 February 2012, 03:14 am »
We had the Disney train set when I was a kid as well, and I'd never heard of a Muppet Babies one. I went ahead and took a look on ebay, and sure enough: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Vintage-Muppet-Babies-Imagination-Park-Play-Set-Train-Complete-RARE-/140710731253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c3035df5

« Reply #117 on: Tuesday 13 March 2012, 09:14 pm »
Hi it has been a while since I was here last but the thrift store season has stared up again. I did not really find anything today. Mostly fast food toys but I did find two vintage pound puppies by Tonka toys if any one want them PM me. I will post a photo later.   I passed up on a carrying case for the shortcake dolls it was only 69 cents but I passed up on it I thought no one would want it.

Offline zombiebunny

• My blog
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday 14 March 2012, 01:23 pm »

Offline zombiebunny

• My blog
« Reply #119 on: Friday 16 March 2012, 12:05 pm »
Sorry for yet another post. After complaining so much about the flea markets here....look what I found today!

A bunch of She-Ra figures and a Maiden Fairhair!! And I found I petite pony and got it for free.

I guess my complaining really helped.

anything