Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Could you help me ID clothes on a Jem doll?  (Read 4461 times)

Offline pirateparakeet

Could you help me ID clothes on a Jem doll?
« on: Sunday 12 June 2011, 07:53 pm »

So I bought a lot of "Barbie and other fashion dolls" and found among them Donnie from NKOTB, Christina Aguilera from her Genie in a Bottle days, and three Jem dolls: naked original Jem with flashing earrings, Dance in her original outfit and Pizzazz. Since Danse's outfit is perfect I was assuming the stuff Pizzazz was wearing may be as well.. (it is weird enough to be Jem, and totally 80's), but after going through the dolls and fashions here and at jemdolls.com I can't find any of this stuff.

the shorts would probably fit a Barbie just fine, but they're longer than most Barbie shorts. The shirt and jacket would definitely be too baggy to fit Barbie. The jacket sleeves are too thin to fit a Ken. The shirt would fit a Ken, but honestly it's so weird that I doubt it belongs to him..

The only thing that has a tag is the shirt, which has a tiny little piece of paper reading simply "made in China."

Always looking for my little ponies!

Offline ForeverKokiri

Re: Could you help me ID clothes on a Jem doll?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 June 2011, 04:12 am »
That shirt is too weird for Ken?

Somehow, I beg to differ.

Unfortunatey, I don't know where to start on IDing Barbie clothes, so I still can't say if your outfit is Barbie or even a fashion doll with a name brand. Sorry.

Offline pirateparakeet

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 June 2011, 08:08 am »
I did have this as a kid:

so point taken  ;D

Thank you for replying, even if you couldn't help.. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was out there.. lol

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 June 2011, 04:42 am »
The jacket is from 1993 Paint N Dazzle Barbie (the red head).

I think I have also id'd the shorts.  Take a look at this link and tell me what you think.  I think it's from a fashion from the Barbie Sun Sensation fashions from 1991.

http://www.1000barbies.com/14A/SUC51258.JPG

I do not recognize the yellow and green top.

Offline pirateparakeet

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 July 2011, 11:22 am »
aha! ten points to you for getting the jacket. The shorts, however.. close but no dice. Thanks though :)

anything