Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Older Horse Figure  (Read 4082 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Older Horse Figure
« on: Monday 21 November 2011, 03:45 am »
Okay, probably shouldn't ask this here as the toy is a bit older than the range for this site, but thought I would try since there seem to be a lot of people that really know their horse figures.

This was my aunt's toy (dad's sister). She was born in the early 50s, so this figure is probably from anytime in the late 50s to the mid-60s. As you can see, it wasn't small or extremely large either (that's a crystal bowl in the background).

Let me know if you have any hints. I think there was another (not visible) that had a broken hoof or tail or something. They were made out of some kind of plastic, I believe.

They stayed at Grandma's house, but I'm pretty sure my aunt probably reclaimed them after my grandparents died.

But I'm curious. :)

Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
Re: Older Horse Figure
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 03:48 am »
To me it looks like an older Breyer horse, they were originally more shiny but then in the 80s they made them more dull.
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline sirimaedoll

• Sirimae's toys and dolls for sale
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 November 2011, 04:23 am »
This is a Hartland horse. ^^

Hartlands were produced in the 1950's, so contemporary with older Breyers. They were made from different plastic though and often had riders and accessories. Some of them are pretty valuable. ^^
I love collecting dolls and toys! I adore vintage 80's the most but have some collections that are outside of that. I enjoy meeting new friends and talking about collections too! My collection is mostly on my flickr account ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirimae/ ) ^__^

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 26 November 2011, 10:07 pm »
well it is a very nice horse although

anything