Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Thoughts on a Controversial Doll  (Read 7365 times)

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline Bec

Re: Thoughts on a Controversial Doll
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 11:06 am »
It's just garbled nonsense. People are hearing swear words because they want to hear swear words.

And that 'mother' is scary. Burn them? ....what?

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 12:54 pm »
I agree with Bec.

Offline ecpblue

• Precious Places
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 04:18 pm »
I thought the same thing about the mom!  I too think it is nonsense but in the spirit of full disclosure I actually bought them :-) They are already at $80-$100 on amazon and I thought if they did decide to pull them it is a cool thing to have ;-)  The faces of the dolls, in my opinion, are not even that cute, in fact they are kind of ugly....

Offline hime

« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 04:41 pm »
I agree.
I like to watch Mike Mozart on youtube and he's got two channels full of this kinda thing and not the least of which is garbled speech (like kareoko Jade from "Bratz babyz")

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 11:26 pm »
makes me think of the stuff you may hear when battery operated toys start to go. You do seem to hear strange things if you listen long enough. however that only occurs if you are trying to listen for something. For example you can play the same part of music to ten different people and you may wind up with 10 different interpretations.

Offline Wardah

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 November 2011, 02:58 am »
I find some of the comments really sad too. Like one commenter is insisting "you have no idea how incidious greed is and they did it on purpose to corrupt our kids". Someone needs to loosen their tin foil hat. I bet they believe in the Illuminati too.

Offline ecpblue

• Precious Places
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 22 November 2011, 03:20 am »
invaderhorizon you have a point!  I didn't even think of that!  Wardah that is amusing!!  :-) Also what they fair to mention about the doll is that is only 1 saying in a series so you have to go through a bunch of them to even get to that one! Oh and the dolls have creepy furby like qualities I had them in a bad and even in the bag in another room they still randomly moved their heads and made noises!! 

Offline Lady.Arachnia

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 13 December 2011, 10:41 am »
That mom is really really scary! Those eyes and then what she say "BURN THEM"!!!
*Thinking Salem Witch Trials anyone?
There is more evil in that woman then it that baby doll. I have to listen very carefully to hear mnhjszsitch, no B in the word at al!
I, Myself am Strange and Unusual....

Offline luckdragon

« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 January 2012, 06:54 am »
The irony is that the people complaining about the dolls probably curse in front of their kids all the time.

You can hear anything you want if you can trick your brain into thinking it.  Some person probably thought they heard that word and posted it on Facebook and then everyone else "heard" it too.  Sounds like gibberish to me.

Ugly dolls though.  Glad the childhood dolls I had were pretty.  Who would want a babbling baby doll?  Much less three of them?  Can you imagine the noise?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 January 2012, 10:43 pm »
well makes me think of how mass hysteria works ... highly infectious but most of it is self perpetuated and all it takes is pure belief to see/hear things.

Offline ecpblue

• Precious Places
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 January 2012, 04:21 am »
Luck dragon you have a great point! I didn't think of that! BTW, not only are they ugly but they are creepy too!!  I bought them out of curiosity and everytime I walking in the room they would all go off!  Also every time you turn out a light and I noticed sometimes they begin talking when they are in a dark room alone with no one or nothing around!!! Soo creepy!! Needless to say I returned them last week!  :-)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 January 2012, 06:59 am »
The irony is that the people complaining about the dolls probably curse in front of their kids all the time.

And that's what makes me sad.  :( My parents never cursed in front of me. It wasn't until  I became a waitress at a "family friendly" restaurant, that I saw how a lot of parents talk to their kids and it really upsets me. I mean, people need to take responsibility for the way their kids turn out and stop blaming ridiculous things like talking baby dolls.

*steps off of the pedestal*

On another note, this baby doll hysteria kind of reminds me of that urban legend that Paul McCartney is dead, and that the Beatles hid clues on their albums that allude to it. Honestly, if that baby said "I buried Paul" I would buy it in an instant.  :D

Calling all teddy experts! Please help me find my Cuddle Bear!

Offline puffypoogle

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 January 2012, 12:43 am »
I like cursing dolls..sounds hilarious.  People need to lighten up.   ;D

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 January 2012, 05:39 pm »
I doubt the doll is really cursing.  The MLP princess celestia toy is supposed to say "Look at my lovely crest" but it sounds like "Look at my lovely breasts."  The sound quality is just poor.  I think its kind of funny what people think they hear.

anything