Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Breakfast Food Set  (Read 15437 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Breakfast Food Set
« on: Sunday 20 November 2011, 11:16 pm »
I'm trying to remember some of the "kitchen" toys and accessories I had.

I know I had this little toaster that really worked. It was more scaled for a doll than for a kid-sized kitchen, though. It had two small pieces of toast (probably a bit smaller than an old Gameboy game cartridge) with a very orangey-yellowish plastic with the darker brown "crust" around the edges. The plastic was thick, but the bread was hollow on the inside. I can't remember the toaster at all. Just that the bread that went in it was very small. This is making me think I also had a container of orange juice. You know, the kind that "disappears" as you pour it. So that's why I'm thinking it was a breakfast set. I doubt it was a big name brand - definitely not Fisher Price or anything like that.

It would have been from late 80s, most likely.

EDIT: Just remembered there was also a small coffee pot with a "coffee maker" that it set in.

Another edit: Seems like I'm thinking it was a yellow or orange color. Although there might have been some silver metallic parts to it. I'm thinking it had a sunshine graphic or rainbow graphic on it.

Thanks for you help!
« Last Edit: Monday 21 November 2011, 03:57 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
Re: Breakfast Food Set
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 03:46 am »
so was it metal? I found some wood ones
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline zuse

« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 03:54 am »
No, it was plastic. Probably something off-brand, but I really loved it.

Scale-wise, WAY to big for Barbie. But too small really for a child-sized kitchen. I say it would work best on the scale of an American Girl doll or something.

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Wardah

« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 07:38 am »
Was there a mixer that you pushed the button to make it go?

Offline zuse

« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 10:07 am »
I don't think so?

I'm really thinking that it might have just been the toaster, bread, and coffee maker. I might just be thinking of one of my old baby bottles when I mentioned the orange juice earlier (I can't seem to picture it being a jug or pitcher or anything).

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 04:38 pm »
If the orange juice was a baby bottle I had that, it came with a pink nipple and disappeared when the baby drank it and reappeared when you turned it right side up.  They were sold in a pack of 2- the second was milk and mine came from kay bee I just don't remember the company but t came on a card backing with a plastic cover that you tore off the backing.  Still looking for the toaster......
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline Wardah

« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 06:29 pm »
I was just wondering if it was an actual set or just 2 separate toys that were bought together. I remember a few "kitchen" toys that were about the size you described. I had a toaster and a mixer but I remember there was a coffee maker too at the store. Sadly I don't remember the brand either.

Offline zuse

« Reply #7 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 11:55 pm »
Yeah, I think lots of people made those baby bottles. I still have mine, so I'll look sometime if there is a marking but I suspect it's just "Made in China" or wherever stuff was made back then. The companies just all sold those same items with their own individual packaging.

As for the items I'm really after finding - I don't know whether or not they were actually a set. I know they are forever associated in my mind and I probably last saw them 10 or so years ago. They ended up at the vacation place and were donated a few years later. I'll look through some of those old photos sometime and see if I can catch a glimpse of them.

I think it's one of those things where you either had to have them yourself or I'm hoping someone will randomly spot them in a lot one day. :) Just keep a look out. I really appreciate it! I will, as always, attempt as hard as I can to figure it out and report back with the answer! (Or at least a picture to go off of...)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 22 November 2011, 11:33 pm »
shoot i know exactly what you are talking about i had the same thing as a kid but i cant remember anything about it!  grrrr  >:(

Offline Ianua

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 November 2011, 03:17 pm »
I had the toaster you're right it was a wierd scale and it popped :)

Offline zuse

« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 November 2011, 05:51 am »
Wow! Two people remember it! :) Now, if somebody just had a picture. :-P

Offline zuse

« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 April 2013, 02:33 am »
Nope.

Anyone have any ideas? :)

Offline jazzmatazz

« Reply #13 on: Monday 22 April 2013, 02:42 am »
Would they be fisher price/little tikes kitchen stuff?

Offline zuse

« Reply #14 on: Sunday 28 April 2013, 02:10 am »
I do not believe it was Fisher Price, Little Tikes, Chilton, Ohio Art, or Mattel.

anything