Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Flocked, Jointed, Large Dog Beagle/German Shepard That Barked?  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Plethora22

Flocked, Jointed, Large Dog Beagle/German Shepard That Barked?
« on: Monday 14 September 2020, 08:30 am »
I actually gave the guy I owned to my nephew like ten years ago, but this hit me like a bolt from the blue. Hoping you guys can help!

I think these guys were made in the 90s or close to it. They were pretty big, I'd say about the size of a Pooch Patrol or little larger. They were plastic and flocked, with cloth tails and ears. Their heads were jointed so the dog could open its mouth, and if you pushed hard enough there was a squeak like they were barking. The inside of the mouth was molded, in that it had a roof and a tongue, with maybe teeth painted on.

Very realistic little guys, with plastic eyes. So we're not talking cartoonish or plush designs. I owned the beagle, which was tricolor. A friend of mine had the German Shepard, which was called Ripley, but I don't know if that was her name or an official name for it. There might have also been a husky, but don't quote me on the that. The legs were poseable and the head could turn, and there were molded paw pads on the bottom. Everything was flocked and very velvety to the touch. They were NOT stuffed.

I think they came in cardboard kind of house looking things, that were blue and white and looked like a kennel. They may or may not have come with accessories like a chew bone.

All things considered they were lovely little toys. I'd like to see what others were made, as I wasn't a huge fan of the beagle but wow, he was a nice toy.

Offline jenna4444

Re: Flocked, Jointed, Large Dog Beagle/German Shepard That Barked?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 12:52 pm »

Offline Plethora22

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 11:04 pm »
Yes! That's it! Wow, it's been a long time. It's a surprise just to see the German Shepard after all this time.

Thanks so much! This was killing me!

Offline jenna4444

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 03:48 am »
You're welcome!  I'm glad I could help!

anything