Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Fashion Doll/Barbie clothing and accessories HELP!!  (Read 6719 times)

Offline PeppahCat

Fashion Doll/Barbie clothing and accessories HELP!!
« on: Sunday 01 April 2012, 02:00 pm »
I've recently begun cleaning out my basement in attempt to start selling some old toys and get a little extra cash...but I'm at a loss on ID'ing these fashion doll clothes! Please please please help me! I've uploaded to my Flickr, and numbered the pictures. The items with an arrow or circle around them I'm especially trying to find information on.
GotD has been so unbelievably helpful in ID'ing a huge amount of other toys I found (and especially helpful in bringing back awesome memories of the toys I had but never remembered the name of...beautiful memories last night browsing the 80s things all over again)!
Most clothes fit Barbie or Ken, some HUGELY resemble other Barbie fashions but I've not found any info on them being an alternate color or style. If it makes any difference, I'm located in (and all the items were purchased in) the USA. If you've any questions about anything in particular, please don't hesitate to ask. I've researched Barbie stuff for about 2 weeks straight...I'm at wits end with these pieces. o.0
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephstair/sets/72157629350446592/

Offline pikapal

Re: Fashion Doll/Barbie clothing and accessories HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 April 2012, 10:36 pm »
The camera and the phone reviver look similar to the one in this Dreamgirl set.

http://www.jpumphandle.nofeeshost.com/002/SUC51597.JPG

This set has similar mirrors.

http://www.jpumphandle.nofeeshost.com/002/SUC51618.JPG

Offline Skyhorse82

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 April 2012, 11:11 pm »
Yep, know a few of the accessories:

The pink visor cap, black binoculars, white camera and the large yellow plate (possible the blue and green plate too) all came in a cheap imitation accessories set for any Barbie-type doll (not sure if they were released for a specific imitation doll, but I got this set one Christmas, and it contained all those items I listed; they were a cheaper plastic and the colours varied on mine, so I will try and find the packaging for this set online). Quite possibly the record players and yellow sunglasses came with this set as well, if they feel like a cheaper plastic. I did lose a few bits along the way from this set and those two things look oddly familiar too. Definitely generic $1 store stuff and it had a dated vintage feel to it, even when I played with it in early 90s, as if the set had come from a 60's doll or something.

They came as a set similar to this lot shown here, so I guess there were lots floating around as part of different sets in varied colours (I had the yellow coat hangers too as shown here):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-1960s-Dime-Store-Toy-Doll-Accessories-Play-Food-Lot-/260993224579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc4688f83#ht_4183wt_922

Also, the little yellow plastic spray bottle is from the Grand Champion tack & accessories line:

http://www.angelfire.com/on/raventyde/gctack2.html
« Last Edit: Sunday 01 April 2012, 11:39 pm by Skyhorse82 »

Offline PeppahCat

« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 April 2012, 06:44 pm »
Oooh, thanks gang! I figured a lot of the accessories were either Barbie or generic Barbie, were the right size for those type dolls and not for the Baby Alive-type dolls, etc.
Have lurked on the site/forums for a while so I'm really glad I finally registered and posted...y'all are helping me keep my sanity. LOL.

EDIT: just found a few more items of mine...the spray bottle in the accessories pic is actually from the Barbie Blinking Beauty Corral set. Didn't think the Grand Champions stuff looked familiar, but they used the same exact bottle in their set. =)
« Last Edit: Tuesday 03 April 2012, 01:22 am by PeppahCat »

Offline skippercollector

« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 July 2012, 01:35 am »

Offline auntiekara80

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 January 2013, 04:42 am »
I'm about 98 percent sure on these. the silver mic in pic 11 is from a barbie and the rockers doll. the plastic yellow flower charm with the ribbons in pic 10 has been miss-identified and is a necklace from tropical splash or hawaiian fun barbie. the lame pant things in pic 7 are tights from a glitter and gold jem doll. the blue dress in pic 6 that ties around the neck maybe an the secondary fashion you got with jewel secret barbie and the silky grey jacket with the felt lapels in pic 3 is from a perfume pretty ken doll. I had these items in my collection growing up so i recognized them right away!!

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #7 on: Saturday 02 February 2013, 10:35 pm »
I don't think the tights in pic 7 are Glitter and Gold Jem's (I have about 10 pairs of those and those aren't it). That lace pattern is similar to Glitter and Gold Jem's hair bow which is why auntiekara80 thought of Glitter and Gold jem about the tights I bet. :)

I think they might be generic.  I think they are really cool though.  It's something I'd use it I were going to make a Barbie version of Glitter and Gold Jem. :D

The Gold thing in pic 1 reminds me of the boot covers from a generic doll pack (was maybe Miss Flair or something like that).
« Last Edit: Saturday 02 February 2013, 10:37 pm by Fairy Dust »

anything
anything