Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: how to clean popples  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Rider of the storm

how to clean popples
« on: Sunday 05 August 2012, 12:23 am »
I found two Puffling Popples in a box of free toys they need a bath any ideas on what to clean them with and I am not so sure about putting them in the washing machine even though the tag says it is ok . I will post a photo latter and if any one wants these let me know I found the red one and the yellow one.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 07 August 2012, 07:17 pm by Rider of the storm »

Offline luckdragon

Re: how to clean popples
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 August 2012, 01:36 am »
If you use it in the washing machine, tie it in a pillowcase first.

Surface washing is the easiest.  Use your kitchen or bathroom sink.  Fill it with warm water and use baby shampoo on it.  Scrub with a washing cloth lathered with baby shampoo (not too much).  Rinse the animal out under running water.  Squeeze constantly until you don't get soap bubbles.  Set it in an area to get dry.  Under a fan is best.  You can blow-dry, but it takes forever.

I use this method on My Child dolls, and I've used it on a stuffed animal that I found in a thrift store recently, a 1993 Coca-Cola polar bear cub that was a Hardee's promo.  I loved that bear as a child and still have him.  When I saw a mint one with just a few brown spots in the fur, I had to buy it.  I did the above method, and he's fresh and clean with no issues (no mold or hair loss).

Offline Rider of the storm

Re: how to clean popples
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 August 2012, 03:54 pm »
Thanks we have a  clothes line so I can probably air dry these guys on our porch no problem thanks for the tip  ;D

anything