Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Christmas bear toys by Those Characters from Cleveland  (Read 4666 times)

Offline MyLittlePhoenix

Christmas bear toys by Those Characters from Cleveland
« on: Wednesday 22 August 2012, 12:26 am »
Hi! Recently, I got two toys in one of those miscellaneous grab bags at a thrift store. They are little white bears dressed in Christmassy clothes, made of a sort of rubbery material like a squeak toy but not as flexible, and each say 1993 TCFC on the bottom.  Each measure about 3 inches high. Honestly, until I saw the TCFC stamp, I thought they seemed like cheapo dollar store toys!

I tried to research them, but the best I could come up with was a plush bear for sale on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-1994-TCFC-Honey-Teddy-Bear-Lane-Christmas-Clock-Stuffed-Animal-Plush-VTG-/330772059548?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d038d159c It says it's a Teddy Bear Lane Christmas bear from 1994 (which is the same time frame as my bears), but I couldn't find anything even with that info.  :( Does anyone remember these plastic bears? If they are indeed from the Teddy Bear Lane line, I'd love to know more about it!

Offline Bohemian

Re: Christmas bear toys by Those Characters from Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 August 2012, 04:12 pm »
So far the best I've been able to come up with is these identical twins to your set.  The only new information is a possible connection to American Greetings, as TCFC was purchased by that group.

http://ronsrescuedtreasures.com/TOYS-FIGURES-C203246.aspx?sid=19392?s=Name%20ASC&p=1

Offline sweetmouse

Re: Christmas bear toys by Those Characters from Cleveland
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 August 2012, 07:27 am »
A note, TCFC has always been AG owned.

There is a bear on ebay atm called "Merry Gifts of Christmas" with that outfit on... (and the seller says it's made by tcfc).
« Last Edit: Saturday 25 August 2012, 07:29 am by sweetmouse »

anything