Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: OFF TOPIC- Help?  (Read 3967 times)

Offline RBSprite82

OFF TOPIC- Help?
« on: Wednesday 10 October 2012, 07:04 pm »
OKay, I realize this is completely off topic but I knew that there were no better people to ask to find something (you people can ID a quarter inch purple puppy! lol) so I thought I would ask for your help finding a ring.. my sister is dying to have it and I would like to help her find it. Any help would be appreciated and if you need to delete this, I understand =) Thanks!!!

Offline luckdragon

Re: OFF TOPIC- Help?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 October 2012, 07:20 pm »
I'm so sorry about your sister and wish I could help you.

I can ID the ring.  It's 14K black gold with pink sapphires by Art Masters.  It's not cheap though (at least to me).

You can find it on Etsy, but it is over $2,000:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/105224542/modern-vintage-14k-black-gold-30-carat

Another option could be buying something with pink sapphires and an onyx to get a similar color scheme.  They are not perfect, but black gold is hard to find on sites like ebay.
This is a search for pink sapphires and onyx rings:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=pink+sapphire+ring+black&_sacat=0&_odkw=pink+sapphire+ring&_ipg=200&_osacat=0&_from=R40

I wish you luck!

Offline RBSprite82

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 October 2012, 07:35 pm »
How in the world did you find that so fast!?! My sisters and I have been looking for it for days! Thank you so much.. yeah, that's expensive for me, too! I sent her the link, she said she wants to wear it for her wedding ring so maybe it's worth the money to her. =) Thanks again!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 October 2012, 08:35 pm »
It would certainly be unique!

Okay, to identify pictures you find on the internet, one of the easiest things to do drag the image over the Google Image search bar in your internet browser. It will then search for as many instances of that actual picture it has indexed over the internet.

Of course, this only works for images you are trying to find a source for, not the usual fare we have here where someone is actually taking new photos of their items. :)
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 October 2012, 09:12 pm »
Aww! luckdragon, she didn't say her sister was DYING, but dying to HAVE THAT RING! :D

That is an amazingly awesome ring! :D

Offline RBSprite82

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 October 2012, 09:16 pm »
Aww! luckdragon, she didn't say her sister was DYING, but dying to HAVE THAT RING! :D

LOL I skipped right over that part of her comment! No, my sister is fine =)

Offline RBSprite82

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 10 October 2012, 09:16 pm »
It would certainly be unique!

Okay, to identify pictures you find on the internet, one of the easiest things to do drag the image over the Google Image search bar in your internet browser. It will then search for as many instances of that actual picture it has indexed over the internet.

Of course, this only works for images you are trying to find a source for, not the usual fare we have here where someone is actually taking new photos of their items. :)

Okay.. I didn't know that! Thanks!

Offline luckdragon

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 11 October 2012, 03:14 am »

I was hyped up on cold medicine when I looked at the post.

I found the ring by searching the maker's name.  I can see it in the picture, Art Masters.  Etsy popped up as the first link, and voila!

Offline RBSprite82

« Reply #8 on: Thursday 11 October 2012, 06:37 pm »

I was hyped up on cold medicine when I looked at the post.

I found the ring by searching the maker's name.  I can see it in the picture, Art Masters.  Etsy popped up as the first link, and voila!

I honestly didn't even see that it said Art Masters! lol I had to raise the brightness on my screen for it to show up. =/

anything