Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Tiny doll similar to Mattel's "The littles" but with assortment of clothes (90s)  (Read 6489 times)

Offline nalita33

Hi,

I'm desperatly searching a little "female"  doll fairly similar to Mattel's "The littles", but maybe smaller than that. It was sold in the 90's with a tiny assortment of clothes. Mine was blonde with clothes like : black pants, peach night dress, blue jacket, red "scot fabric" dress or jacket, etc. I lost her as a child when my house burned and searching it since this time.

I also remember that other dolls like it where sold : one was brunette with 3 dresses...

I'm pretty sure my parents bought it at Sears (CANADA).

In my memories, the doll is about 2inches head to toe. Not sure, but I think the doll had white shoes painted on her.

Many thanks in advance! Would be so glad to have one again!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline nalita33

WoW! I cannot express how thankful i am! As a child, I cherished this doll at a point you can imagine and to see it again is a truly gift.   Thank you so much Zuse. Do you know where I can find the "Micro Fashion Set 1" shown in the link you provided? This doll is priceless for me, I would do Anything to have this kit again. Reminds the gift my mother gave to me shortly before she died!!!!

Thanks, thanks again!

Offline zuse

Those sets turn up from time to time on eBay. Just keep a lookout with searches for Meritus and Kidgetts on eBay (as you can see by the Ghost of the Doll page, there were lots of different sets made in the Kidgetts line).

There is actually one with the separate fashions on eBay right now but it's a bit pricey:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400321726324

I've seen the sets sell for less than that, but there's no predicting when they will be listed on eBay. :)

Good luck!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline nalita33

Re: Tiny doll similar to Mattel's "The littles" but with assortment of clothes (90s)
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 November 2012, 03:06 am »
Thank you again Zuse!

Offline zuse

Re: Tiny doll similar to Mattel's "The littles" but with assortment of clothes (90s)
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 20 November 2012, 04:09 am »
You're welcome. I went digging through some old eBay photos I saved and found there were a few sets that GotD doesn't have pictured yet. There are 3 blonde dolls, and 3 brunettes.

The Micro Fashions sets include (these images should work):

Night Out, Afternoon Tea, Let's Go Dancing, Bridal Party, Daily Wear, and Prom Night.

("Afternoon Tea" seems to be the set that turns up the most frequently).
« Last Edit: Tuesday 20 November 2012, 06:00 am by zuse »

Offline nalita33

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 November 2012, 07:28 pm »
Hi,

I'm desperatly looking a little "female"  toy pretty similar to Mattel's "The littles", but maybe small than that. It was marketed in the 1990's with a small variety of outfits. My own was golden-haired with outfits like : black trousers, apple night outfit, red coat, red "scot fabric" outfit or coat, etc. I missing her as a child when my house burnt off looking it since this time.

I'm not sure to understand if you wanted to "re-write" my post because of my bad English. But if so, I sincerly apologize  (I'm French-Canadian and English is not my first language).

:)

Have a great day,
Nalita33

Offline zuse

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 November 2012, 11:34 pm »
That user has duplicated a few posts. I'm not sure if it's spam or what. It's nothing against you, there were others too - I'll delete the post. :) Maybe it was a mistake made during a "quote" reply?

Offline garagesailor

• The Pink Box Project
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 29 November 2012, 05:50 am »
i had those dolls too! weird, i totally forgot about them until i saw this post. i just remember those tiny little dresses...
Check out my Barbie ID Website!
http://www.pinkboxproject.com