Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Please help ID vintage dolls  (Read 5039 times)

Offline erinmarie637

Please help ID vintage dolls
« on: Thursday 23 February 2012, 01:50 am »
http://
2012-02-22 16.26.48 by erin~marie, on Flickr

thrift store find, can't figure out who the cute kissing dolls are.

Offline Skyhorse82

Re: Please help ID vintage dolls
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 February 2012, 04:11 am »
Japanese Kissing Dolls or Spanish Kissing Cousins from 50s-60s. It seems Germany also had their own version (eyes closed) in the 50s. Something along the lines of 'Kamar Kissing Doll' made in Japan and Korea during the 60s with eyes closed; slight variations, some with accessories like towels, some had writing on their tummies like 'I love you' or the like, with an arrow through a heart printed on the tummy. Search for these suggestions in Google Images and you'll see quite a few photos.

Quote from an internet site: http://prillycharmin.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2341

"Kissing Cousins? I don't know what the story behind these little cuties is, or who made them. I'm guessing they were made by the Kamar doll company because of the materials used: Kamar often used dark vinyl with blonde saran. Kamar was a hip and groovy 1970's California-girl type of company that was run by a woman executive. Kamar was popular for their beanie-baby type of stuffed animals, as well as their quirky perky dolls. The Kamar dolls were frequently unmarked. If you can find one that's all original, the Kamar name will be on the hangtag"
« Last Edit: Thursday 23 February 2012, 04:29 am by Skyhorse82 »

Offline Klokemom

Re: Please help ID vintage dolls
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 March 2013, 04:27 pm »
I have been looking online for these kissing dolls.  My brother was in the Coast Guard many many years ago and he purchased these Kissing dolls in Germany for her but my dad sold them in a garage sale.  To this day she is still mourning the loss of those dolls, if you ever want to sell them would you please consider remembering me.  Thank you.  I have never seen the other doll posted.