Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: stuff that has happend to your toys  (Read 17356 times)

Offline EricaVee

Re: stuff that has happend to your toys
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 15 January 2011, 07:17 pm »
I was never deliberately destructive with my toys, but I ALWAYS lost the pieces! The only thing I was very careful with was my tea set. It was kept somewhere where I had to ask to play with it, and I always put all the pieces back in their packaging very carefully.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #16 on: Sunday 16 January 2011, 03:57 am »
I have one to add. I accidentally knocked my Breyer unicorn off my book case . The horn and two of the legs broke off. I was kind of up set but I was able to find a replacement for him. I keep him on a lower shelf now out of harms way.

Offline Fabian

• I <3 old toys ! :D
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 20 January 2011, 06:30 am »
Its not really that old but its what happened to one of my toys i had when i was jonger :(
Well i had a soft toy called stampie (don't laugh :( ) I do still have him though ;)
But what happened was that my sister and the girl next door were not very nice to me when they came together :(
So the kinda like through him around ... he fell in the mud about 3 times ... :( really upset me ...
then after him going through the washing meschine he got strung up by his ears on the washing line :(

I don't know what the worst part was ...

1: Being thrown around.
2: Landing in the mud.
3: going in the washer.
4: being strung up for a week with me asking to have him back ever 3 seconds of the day ...

I know its sad that's one of the worst things that ever happened to me :(
If you want to add me on MSN...ASK 1st (I only add people I know normally or have A general need to talk too .)

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 02 February 2011, 05:56 pm »
Both of my favorite stuffed animals growing up were hand made ones.  One was a blue lacey bear with no facial features that I named Berry and the other was a full sized brown velvet pound puppy with big googly eyes and a hard white/offwhite nose who I named Doggy.  I took my Doggy to a neighbors house to play.  The neighbors had 4 kids and my brother and I would play there sometimes.  The youngest boy wanted to see my doggy but I told him no and he ripped my doggy half way apart in the middle of his stomach/side/back on accident.  I was so distressed because my dog was half way ripped apart and herstuffing was coming out.  Their mom did her best to sew Doggy back up and now she has frankenstein stitches around her back/side/belly.  Still love her though. Handmade toys were always some of my most favorite things since they were unique. :)

Offline Freeindeed

• Good Boy Toys
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 09 February 2011, 01:34 am »
I loved My Little Ponies when I was younger. (Okay, I still love them. :) ) I lost one of my Baby Sea Pony floats when I was about six or seven... me and my mom went to a lake with a beach by our house, and I brought my Baby Sea Ponies with me. I was playing with them in the water and lost one of their floats! After that my mom wouldn't let me bring them to the beach anymore... ;)

I have this old stuffed Mickey Mouse doll... he was always my favorite toy, and I used to bring him with me everywhere when I was younger. One time we were shopping in Caldor's (a now defunct discount chain, kind of like a Wal-Mart or Target) and I brought Mickey in the store with me... I was playing with him and set him down somewhere and forgot about him until we were driving back home, and I realized I forgot him! I started crying and my mom had to turn around and go back to look for him. Luckily we found him! Otherwise I don't know what I would have done. I still have him and he sits on my bed enjoying his retirement years. :)

Offline Tribble79

« Reply #20 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 01:53 am »
I begged and begged and pleaded and cried because I wanted an stuffed ALF. Of course being the spoiled child that I was, one day my mom dropped me off at my grandparents house and picked one up at the store. While she was gone, my grandpa let it slip that she was getting me an ALF. I was SOOOO excited. When I got him he was gorgeous and perfect and I took him everywhere. I always was a forgetful child and forgot him outside one night. One of the neighbors dogs took off with him and drug him through slush and who knows what all. I was so devastated that he was ruined I cried and cried. Mom put him in the washer though and fixed him right up. Although his hair wasn't as perfect, he was still awesome and I still have him. I was going to post a picture, but must not have one in the online photo album...

Offline TheMinorityof1990

« Reply #21 on: Monday 30 April 2012, 05:45 pm »
Well, my cousin's dog was a menace to our toys, and damaged a few of our SF.

I used to throw my soft toys down the stairs because I wanted them all down there for me to play with, and I couldn't carry them all. I stopped when this giraffe called Gemma, one of my favs, lost one of her eyes. Seeing her that way sent me into a wierd kind of fit where I wanted nothing more to do with her. Thankfully, mum n nan talked me round and I still have her.

And once, when me n mum were in the car. We stopped at where we were going and there was this tiny black and white dog in this muddy puddle. She picked him up for me, and washed him off when she got him home. Think I was going to school that day, and that's where we were. He's so tiny :) He's sitting on my computer at the moment :).

I love him, and I'm so glad Mum found him for me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Offline sarafina

• Littlest Pet Shop Collector
« Reply #22 on: Monday 30 April 2012, 06:58 pm »
When I was little, I tended to lose a lot of toys.  It's heartbreaking to think about now, lol!  When I was a bit older and started collecting LPS in grade school, I was fortunately much more diligent about taking good care of my collection.

My sister gave me her entire SSC collection, most of the items still in boxes, when I was little.  I managed to destroy all of the boxes and lose most of the dolls' outfits and accessories (I was always trading outfits between dolls).  Here's how the collection looked when it was first given to me:

My sis & I tried to re-collect lost pieces later on, but trying to rebuild that MIB collection was too pricey to do.

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 12 May 2012, 05:12 am »
I have a doll that belonged to my great grandmother.  She gave her to me when I was too little to appreciate her or take care of her.  She has two teeth in the front and I decided that they needed to be brushed like my teeth so I took my tooth brush and shoved it in her mouth and split her upper lip in two places.  We were able to glue it back but you can definitely see what I did, it still bugs me to day although it also makes for a good story!!  :-)
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline DLAMDiva

« Reply #24 on: Friday 24 January 2014, 05:09 am »
When I was a kid, my favorite toy was the 1995 Toy Story talking Woody doll. For years, he was like my best friend and went everywhere with me, but by the time I was in the 5th or 6th grade, I didn't play with him much anymore. I suppose that led my mom to belive I didn't care about him anymore becuse she packed him away in the basement while she was cleaning. Of course, she didn't tell me, so I spent the next 15 years thinking Woody was in my closet safe and sound. When I didn't find him there, I realized what must've happened, and I was devastated. I even bought another Woody on ebay, but it wasn't the same... he wasn't my Woody!

My mom and grandma finally found him last summer when they cleaned out the basement.  I was sure he'd been ruined, but they told me the only damage he'd sustained in storage was a little dent in the top of his head. When I saw him for myself, I saw that wasn't true. Somehow, miraculously, he still talked, but he'd been attacked by mice! His bandana and collar were gone, and the "little dent" turned out to be a gaping hole in the middle of his forehead.

I sent him away to have his head swapped with the ebay Woody's, so you can't tell he was ever ruined in storage, but I still blame myself for what happened to him!  If I'd cared for him like I should've, he wouldn't have gone into storage. I could hardly bring myself to hold him long enough to attatch a new collar and bandana,and I haven't been able to pick him up or even look at him since. I know it probably sounds ridiculous, but I just think of how angry I'd be if someone who was supposed to care for me left me to rot in a box for 15 years, then took me apart only to put me back so I wouldn't show any sign of damage!

Offline 90sfairy

« Reply #25 on: Friday 01 August 2014, 11:35 am »
When I was little, I had some 'sea wees' dolls I kept in their foam stand on my dresser.
For some reason, I just kept had a thought about flushing the small one (think the baby) down the toilet and I did.
How stupid that was! They are worth so much money now.
I don't have the others anymore, because my grandmother took all my toys and gave them away sadly to small children (think she came in the house and stole them often too).She thought I had 'too much toys' and was 'spoiled' (looking back at what I had then, I was not spoiled. I did not have a lot of things at all)
Luckily, most of my pound purries were saved from my childhood and I single small dog from the 'princess of the flowers'. That's all that remained, along with about 3-5 other plush toys. Such as my 'snoozems' dog.

I also, one time got my pound purries (also suspect my grandmother could've taken them and not my neighbour) and sat down and started cutting off their whiskers. Don't ask me why. It was a thought I had at that moment. Suddenly I felt it was wrong and I stopped. So I have these now where some still have their whiskers.

I also remember some dog figures I had as a kid and chewing their tails. Not sure what those were though.

When I was 12/13 my mum pressured me to give away things. So out went my betty spaghettis with all their accessories. Also my Harry potter chocolate frog cards went as well. Makes me sad as I never wanted them gone. The worst part was that they went to people who hated me and who I also disliked.

I was not a destructive child by any means, apart from the flushing and chewing incidents. I always took care of what I had. Just things happen. I would still have more things (I think) if they weren't taken away from me by my grandmother <_< I know she did take things when we went away. Sucks she did all of that.

Feels sad all these things are gone now. But nothing you can do about it. Plan to rebuy all these items I've lost one day. Sadly paying quadruple the price mum paid!
« Last Edit: Friday 01 August 2014, 11:44 am by 90sfairy »

Offline garagesailor

• The Pink Box Project
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 02 August 2014, 05:37 pm »
One of my favorite toys as a child was Sweet Secrets. I had a couple, and they had a little tab on the back where you could hook them on to something. I would hook them over the tops of my socks and wear them (what a dork!) Anyway, I wore them on a shopping trip one time, and they must have fallen off my socks. Never saw them again, and I've been devastated ever since. :(
Check out my Barbie ID Website!
http://www.pinkboxproject.com

Offline kidswholesale123

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 28 January 2015, 11:22 am »
I love toys and never destroyed toys...

anything
anything