Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Plush Bear with Sailor Hat & Plush Snoring Bear with Night Cap [May 2009]  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Alyssa emailed me with these four toy descriptions, two of which have now been identified:

"Hello, I am looking for a few things from the early to mid 90's.

1:"I used to have this stuffed teddy bear, it had a lavender sailor hat and a sailor outfit that you could not remove, the ends of the pants were sewn like they were the actual bears legs.

2:"Also, I used to have this other teddy bear, it had a night cap and it's eyes were half open, the lids were also purple, I believe. It had a sound box on the inside of it sealed by velcro on the bears back, I think it sang a song to go to sleep to and then snored at the end.

• Not a Teddy Beddy Bear by Fisher Price
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline Tina1121

Re: Plush Bear with Sailor Hat & Plush Snoring Bear with Night Cap [May 2009]
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 10:50 pm »
Hello.

I am sorry if I am not posting in the right place. However, the second item on this list is something I have been trying to figure out what it is. I remember as a child watching a commerical about this bear and guy in sleeping night cloths that would sing you to sleep, perhaps even talk to you. For years, I have thought that the name of the boy was talking toby. I am not sure the maker I know as stated that it is not a Fisher price. For a long time I thought it was mantel... but I have had no such luck ever tracking it down. ....

I am glad to see that someone else has actually might be looking for the same thing!

Christina

Offline pikapal

Re: Plush Bear with Sailor Hat & Plush Snoring Bear with Night Cap [May 2009]
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 04:30 am »
Is #2 a  Dozzzy?

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0891/

It's about the 8th commercial down on the list.

anything