Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Help me ID this little ball of fluff?  (Read 5700 times)

Offline EeveeMUA

Help me ID this little ball of fluff?
« on: Thursday 03 July 2014, 12:16 pm »
So I've had this toy since childhood and I cannot for the life of me remember it's exact name.  I can't find any details about her online anywhere, rarity or value wise.  Can anyone help?  :)

'Puff-a-Luv' or something similar keeps springing to mind, but I could be completely  wrong.

She is made by Vivid Imaginations and is date marked 2000.

She's electronic and when you blow on her face it lights up and she says phrases like "I love you", "That tickles" and "Puff 3 times and I'll sing for you"

Here she is with a My Little Pony, for size comparison.

Offline milkypuppy

• Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog
Re: Help me ID this little ball of fluff?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 July 2014, 06:40 pm »
I found one on this site labeled Sbuffoli PUFF talking toy. Seems like the one I found is Italian. Maybe someone has some more information about it.

http://www.tons-of-toys.com/sbuffoli-puff-talking-toy_i12639
Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 July 2014, 09:05 pm »
I was thinking "Puff-a-Luvs" too for some reason. Pretty odd not to find information on a toy from Hasbro!

Offline EeveeMUA

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 July 2014, 09:02 pm »
I did stumble upon the website with the Italian version, but it still has very little information unfortunately.

I've had a few friends in America, who owned one tell me they think it was called 'Fluffins', but in all honestly 'Puff-a-Luv' still sounds closer to what I remember.  It could have been the UK name possibly?

I found it very strange not being able to find anything in several Google searches, with Vivid Imaginations and Hasbro being such major well know companies!  I've tried so many search combinations with keywords, to no avail!  ???

I'd really like to find out how much it could be worth, although the website with the Italian version has a price I'm wondering how accurate it is.  I was hoping it'd be a gem of a find and maybe have a high value as it seems similar to the Fluffy Surprise Pets in style, I can dream I suppose! haha :D

Offline milkypuppy

• Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 July 2014, 09:01 pm »
Yea, I also saw on the Italian site that they have a few different colored ones. Looks like they have different names too: Fizz, Puff, Tickle, and Misti. Very strange.

I couldn't really find anything else either. The only other close thing I found was a line called Flufflings by Vivid Imaginations, but they seem to be pushies. Maybe they were a result of these! :D

http://www.vividtoysandgames.co.uk/brands/flufflings.html

I'll continue to look though because I also want to know what they are!
Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog

anything