Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: A maker set like Creepy Crawlers but with horses/ponies?  (Read 4495 times)

Offline sd-dreamcrystal

A maker set like Creepy Crawlers but with horses/ponies?
« on: Tuesday 12 January 2016, 05:19 am »
Hey everyone. This has been wracking my brain all morning and I know I had found the answer a while back on this..
However, I cannot access Ghost of the Doll Forums to look and (Looks like it's back up for me lol) Google search is failing me... so I'm hoping someone here would know

Back sometime in the 80's or 90's (since i was born in '87 I remember the set from the early to mid-90's) there was a maker toy similar to Creepy Crawlers, only it was more geared towards girls had I remember it had Ponies or Horses you could make.. I'm pretty sure it had dolls too but i was more interested in the horses :P

After doing a Google search I thought it was under the line Thingmaker (which is what Creepy Crawlers was under in the 60's and 70's) by Mattel but I cannot find that specific set that has the Ponies/Horses.

For more detail, I remember the pony mold was on one plate and you could fold it in half so it could stand on all 4 feet (I don't remember what was used to hold it together though so it could stay like that). It uses a similar rubbery goop that Creepy Crawlers used and I remember actually using my brother's unit for this, which makes me not think it was an add-on pack.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: Wednesday 13 January 2016, 03:56 am by sd-dreamcrystal »

Offline hime

Re: A maker set like Creepy Crawlers but with horses/ponies?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 January 2016, 10:06 pm »
Could it be Mattel's "Dolly maker"?

Offline sd-dreamcrystal

Re: A maker set like Creepy Crawlers but with horses/ponies?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 January 2016, 03:55 am »
Could it be Mattel's "Dolly maker"?
That is what I thought too.

after doing some investigating and someone on another forum gave me a link that showed me that Toymax took over the line later in '92.

I was able to find a set name and it looks like the mold plates I'm thinking of

DOLLYMAKER - LET'S GO RIDING! - #9618 - YEAR 1995

All images are from here: http://www.patti-goop.com/dollymaker.html

and the plate I was thinking of, though I though initially it looked different.. but I do remember the goop that was used now