Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: pale yellow triceratops toy  (Read 5773 times)

Offline Dludnerad

pale yellow triceratops toy
« on: Monday 26 March 2012, 05:41 am »

I saw the most adorable triceratops plush in the late 1990's, but was unable to purchase it. Also didn't get the manufacturer's details... It was in an Australian Myer store in the baby section.
When I went back the next week it had been sold and I have never seen another one.
It was about two feet long and made of pale lemon short pile fur textured with squareish scales. Very high quality toy with a lot of detail.
It had a sleepy expression and was floppy so it could laze about the place looking all cute and cozy.
anyone know what it could have been? I've been looking for YEARS and are yet to see even a picture.

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: pale yellow triceratops toy
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 March 2012, 06:04 am »
This is the closest I've found. It's by Aurora (I think that brand makes a lot of plush toys for younger children?)

This probably isn't it - apparently the plush is only about 11 inches (no date is given either). But you can critique about what is right and wrong about it, if nothing else. :)

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/aurora-plush-triceratops-dinosaur-11-136577695
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Dludnerad

« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 March 2012, 06:19 am »

The fabric texture is very similar. not sure it could have stood up like that. It was very floppy :)
The horns were much smaller. I guess it was meant to be a baby triceratops.
And it definately was not the one from Land Before Time.

Offline Dludnerad

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 September 2016, 07:03 pm »
think I found him... Maybe

He's meant to be posed on his belly with the legs flopped out front and back.
shhh... he is sleeeeping.

Made by Bestever for Setsu.
This seems to be a smaller version- only one foot long, and not as much detail. 

« Last Edit: Sunday 18 September 2016, 07:06 pm by Dludnerad »

Offline LaraB

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 September 2016, 11:38 pm »
looks like Cera from The Land Before Time.....

Offline Dludnerad

« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 September 2016, 03:53 am »
Cera makes it difficult to search for triceratops toys. She really clogs up the search engines, and people sometimes find it difficult to believe that I'm looking for a yellow triceratops toy that isn't Cera.

And I met one of the animators who worked on the Land Before Time movies. I think those films are stalking me...

I hope the Bestever triceratops is the one I'm looking for. The fabric is right.
Maybe I just remember it bigger because I liked it so much.
Memory can be like that.

anything