Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Mystic Babies (MEGA)  (Read 11794 times)

Offline Charlotte

Mystic Babies (MEGA)
« on: Sunday 02 May 2010, 08:16 pm »
READ THIS FIRST: There's more to come but I don't have time to finish this topic now XD :P

I like that there is also a category for 2000's toys now!
Here are some modern toys which I love and which are in a style similar to all of those cute 80's and 90's toys on here :)

Mystic Babies

This is a toyline which I believe has been discontinued by now. The manufacturer is MEGA Brands. The toyline features colorful 'baby' dragons of which most come in an egg that can be transformed into a crib, store or vehicle for example. There are two sizes. The smaller ones are about the height of a baby G1 (=80's) My Little Pony and the bigger ones are about the height of an adult G1 My Little Pony. Both sizes of Mystic Babies are kids though, there are no adults. There are also plushies in two sizes.

I'll list all of the series that I know of, but except for the first set I don't know the order of release.

Bigger Size in Transforming Eggs (Set 1)
(They all have names, which you can read on the packaging of the set I listed below)

The same 4 figures were also released with clothing, these did not come in an egg. Colored or sparkly glue was included to decorate the clothing with:

After these first 4 figures the style of the eyes was changed to make them look cuter and prettier, and new characters were added. As I said before I don't know the exact order of release of the following.

Bigger Size in Transforming Eggs (Set 2)
Gisela:

Jadyn:

Mia:

Tiana:

Bigger Size in Transforming Eggs (Set 3)

Magic Wings/Flapping Perfumes (Bigger Size)
I can't find any pics of these, they are supposed to be the first four characters but with a slightly different look. I think they spray perfume if you move their wings. Not sure if these were really released.

Mystic Gigglets (Bigger Size)
These are the first four characters again but with a slightly different look and they giggle if you tickle them.

TO BE CONTINUED :)

« Last Edit: Friday 11 March 2011, 05:57 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
AWESOME. I had never heard of those.

Methinks Hasbro used them as inspiration for their larger interactive baby MLP (plush) and even the new chibi-style ones... (they look way more dragon-like than equid).
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Tribble79

Those are adorable. I must have one!!!

Offline EmBee

Hey there, awesome post!!  My favorite is Jadyn, probably because she reminds me of my My Little Pony Sundance.  XD  Anyway, I love dinosaurs and that egg/house concept is just adorable.

..Or Gisela.  :D
-Em
;)

Offline mouse

I have 2 colour change mystic babies I posted a photo of them on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_mouse88/4567951326/

Offline Charlotte

I have 2 colour change mystic babies I posted a photo of them on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_mouse88/4567951326/

Those are cute :D That's the smaller size I was talking about. I'm gonna add the little ones to my fist post as well :)

I also love those Woodland Wonders that are on your flickr ^___^  Never seen those before!
« Last Edit: Monday 03 May 2010, 05:56 pm by Charlotte »

Offline EricaVee

CUTE! I love dragons, there aren't enough girly toys that use them.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Re: Mystic Babies - produced by MEGA
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 06:44 pm »
Hi Charlotte, an excellent post!
« Last Edit: Sunday 11 July 2010, 02:25 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 11:29 pm »
Nice find I have never heard of these till now thanks.

Offline Lauralovelylocks

• I am doll parts, bad skin, doll heart....
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 June 2010, 05:54 pm »
Gorgeous! I collect Mystic Babies and have 8 so far. It's great to see them in some sort of order, as I know very little about them.
Great post!x

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Mystic Babies - Toy Page Now Added!
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 July 2010, 10:08 pm »
Hi Guys, I've spetn today putting together a section for Mystic Babies.

I hope you enjoy!

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_MysticBabies.htm
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

anything