Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Help finding a toy from my childhood.  (Read 4529 times)

Offline d2junkie

Help finding a toy from my childhood.
« on: Friday 22 June 2018, 01:51 am »
I know this is a long shot as I don't have any images or markings to report, but I'm trying to find a toy from my childhood that I recently started thinking about and can't for the life of me remember the name. They were small (no more than 3-4 inches tall) rubberish action figures that had clamp on (2 pieces, one for the front and one for the back) armor. They also had a stylized version of those rubber poppers (the ones that you turn inside out and place on a surface waiting for it to launch into the air) that would attach to their back and you could launch the tiny (less than an inch) companion that was included with them. If anyone can help with a name,link or even a memory (beginning to think I made these up rofl) that would be appreciated.

Offline milkypuppy

• Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog
Re: Help finding a toy from my childhood.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 June 2018, 04:54 pm »
Hey, thank you for providing the info. I will have a look over the weekend (unless someone else knows and answers). Did you have this toy during the 80s or 90s or earlier? It will help narrow down the search a bit. Thanks!
Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog

Offline d2junkie

« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 June 2018, 06:54 am »
Sorry for the delayed response, I had them around early to mid 90's.

Offline milkypuppy

• Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 July 2018, 01:42 am »
Hey. I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. I actually stumbled across a commercial for these and thought that they might be the toy you're talking about. They are called Snailiens and seem to be from around 1992. They have the rubber popper with launchable creature and clamp on armor. I included some pictures and also the commercial link.

\

And here is a closeup of one opened

Commercial link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLABasuuGBQ
Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog

anything
anything