Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Not a toy - Children's Bookbag  (Read 5116 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Not a toy - Children's Bookbag
« on: Saturday 14 September 2013, 06:05 am »
When I was really little I had a navy canvas satchel with yellow trim. I believe it was lined with vinyl on the inside. It had a yellow plastic handle and the metal hardware you twist when the flap is down to keep the bag shut. There was a picture on the front. I don't have it anymore. I used to put my Barbie dolls in it when I wanted to take them somewhere else to play. I found an old family picture where you can see it in the background. However, at the highest scan quality I cannot read what the bag says. The picture is a little boy and girl in overalls and shorts walking (through the woods I assume) with woodland creatures all around them.

My mom was a teacher in the 70s and early 80s, so I suspect it might be something she got from school (something scholastic company related).

Any ideas of what it might say? Does the bag (or even the image?) look familiar to anyone?

« Last Edit: Tuesday 26 November 2013, 11:39 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline auntiekara80

Re: Not a toy - Children's Bookbag
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 November 2013, 06:36 pm »
I had a blue hardshell suitcase with a similar image that said going to grandma's on it if that helps.

Offline milkypuppy

• Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 November 2013, 08:29 pm »
While I was searching eBay, I came across two bags that are similar to the one you described. They are made by the Travelight company and seem to be from the early 80s. Maybe it can help you find the bag you had.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Childrens-Book-Bag-Satchel-1983-Travelight-/111219995467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e53a734b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Kindergarten-School-Bag-made-by-Travelight-1981-Jelly-Bean-Math-beige-/350914697071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51b425576f
Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 06:31 pm »
Does anyone else recognize this?
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

anything