Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Voice samples from the 150-leg Lots-a-Lots-a-Leggggggs  (Read 3858 times)

Offline Zovi

Voice samples from the 150-leg Lots-a-Lots-a-Leggggggs
« on: Thursday 08 April 2021, 03:10 pm »
Hello! Last year I managed to obtain one of the 150-leg Lots-a-Lots-a-Leggggggs 90s reissue caterpillars (the pink one, named Gabby on her tag). I believe these are pretty rare!

As noted on the Ghost of the Doll mini-site for the line, she makes sounds! I don't think her sounds are anywhere online, so I decided to preserve them the best I could before her battery died, since it was a wonder that it lasted this long.

...actually, this ended up being her swan song in a way, as a few presses of her voice box later brought about the slowed distortion that warns of dying battery. And I'm not sure if I want to risk opening her up to try to replace a battery that might not even be accessible, so...I'm glad I did this when I did.

So here's the five sounds she makes, repeated twice, recorded with a microphone held as close as possible with some noise reduction.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_keDxa-bxG-uTgbaZa4A42ZOZbGznF3F/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

Also, a note: the voice box is located just behind the head in the first couple of body segments, and you press it, not shake it (though it responds to a very light touch, so if you shake it she might do her chatter-giggle as well).

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Re: Voice samples from the 150-leg Lots-a-Lots-a-Leggggggs
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 April 2021, 08:44 am »
What wonderfully crazy sounds! Thank you for taking the time to record her, I shall add into the main section shortly.
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!