Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: ID 18cm Robot figure, static legs, sword, 3 rocket launchers [Solved]  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Crispy

ID 18cm Robot figure, static legs, sword, 3 rocket launchers [Solved]
« on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 08:50 pm »
Hello,

All my favorite toys of the 80s I put away in storage thinking to give to my own child decades later.  Even as a young kid I never knew what this toy was called or who made it.

I'm thinking of giving to my son who is hopefully careful enough now not to wreck it in 5mins.  After checking a few other of what I put away (star wars figures etc) was worth I got a bit paranoid this might be super rare or something as I've never saw one in shops or advertised on tv growing up in the uk.

18cm Robot.  Legs don't bend.  Arms bend at shoulders and elbows. 3 x rocket launcher/guns all detachable and swapable; plus they actually work! Each rocket can fire 2 ft via a latched spring.  Big sword is removable as is the headdress.  The rectangle (power core?) in middle of the robot is made from shiney fake jewl like material.  No markings other than "made in Taiwan".   Was given to me in the 80s.

If you could help id it would answer a 30 year old question for me and put my mind at rest giving this to my son.

Thanks

Crispy
« Last Edit: Friday 20 December 2019, 09:09 pm by Crispy »

Offline LaraB

Re: ID 18cm Robot figure, static legs, sword, 3 rocket launchers
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 December 2019, 12:11 am »
try the littlerubberguys site they are brilliant at IDing action figures and boys toys :)

Offline Dludnerad

Re: ID 18cm Robot figure, static legs, sword, 3 rocket launchers
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 December 2019, 05:26 am »
things like this can be worth a lot to collectors, especially if they are still working and have all their pieces.
Look for Shogun Mecha toys. The M symbol on the front reminds me of Voltes V, but the different colours makes it look more like a Voltron style.
It's really interesting.

Offline Crispy

Re: ID 18cm Robot figure, static legs, sword, 3 rocket launchers [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 December 2019, 08:59 pm »
« Last Edit: Friday 20 December 2019, 09:08 pm by Crispy »

anything