Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: EdenEye's Newest Treasures  (Read 34136 times)

Offline EmBee

Re: EdenEye's Newest Treasures
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 29 March 2011, 03:50 pm »
Wow you had some seriously awesome finds!  Sorry to hear about the MIB doll's bangs.

Did you find your My Pretty Mermaid with the Barbies or in a bag of toys?  I can't find any!

Penni Secrets looks SO much better.  I've had to do some crazy makeovers before too.
Did you try using conditioner?  I never thought it would do anything but if you leave it for
a few minutes or longer then rinse, it makes the hair super soft and less dry.   ;D

-Em
;)

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 29 March 2011, 09:53 pm »
@ Em    I found the My Pretty Mermaid in a bag with one of those soft beany groovy girls dolls.

I did use shampoo and conditioner on all the large dolls in the picture except Lil Miss Magic Hair (Her hair seems fine). It did a great job getting out massive tangles but their hair seems kinda straight and flat now. Still better then before. I have been thinking about useing a curling iron or straightening iron but Im not sure if this will melt the doll hair. :?
The worst hair was the My Pretty Mermaid. Even after the shampoo, condition and brush through, it is very very frizzy in the back.

I went past a two thift stores today and found a few more things I will take pictures of later.

Lil Miss Mermaid (My 2nd find)
Glitter Beach Barbie (My 4th find!)
A Lost N' Founds light brown rabbit/hare in PERFECT shape. Looks and feels like it was just purchased!
Snorks stuffie.....not sure yet if this will belong to my dog. lol.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 29 March 2011, 10:15 pm by EdenEye »

Offline EmBee

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 29 March 2011, 11:50 pm »
Okay, well as far as straight/flat hair goes,
I run a comb through it while it's still wet then gently scrunch it with my hands and maybe a thin towel.
Sometimes that seems to encourage the factory curls or waves to come back.

With dry hair even after conditioner,
I have learned that you CAN straighten it but ONLY on the lowest setting.
Also, make sure the hair is still wet, has conditioner in it, and is smoothy combed while you do this.
It's somewhat tedious and you should go in sections.
But for a doll as pretty and cute (and small) as a MPM I think it's worth it!

It will produce steam, that's normal - just make sure you don't let the water droplets or steam burn you.
Also I'd try testing it on a wet strand first to make sure it doesn't melt it.

Good luck~!

-Em
« Last Edit: Tuesday 29 March 2011, 11:53 pm by Em »
;)

Offline mouse

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 30 March 2011, 04:51 am »
With the MIB dolls bangs were they wrapped around a piece of carboard and then held with elastic? That's what my MIB penny brites bangs were like and they look pretty crazy. Remember they've been held like that for something like 15 years! Do you have any curlers? I mean the leave in type that you don't heat up or anything. I reckon if you put that in the bangs and left it for a while (like maybe a few days, maybe more?) and especially if you wet it before hand and let it dry over the curler then I think it would probably work pretty well at taming them. That's what I intend to try with my doll. I'm one of those people that can grand intentions of things to do and I still plan to do them... but months go by and they've still not been done! She's still packed away with crazy hair!

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 30 March 2011, 05:57 am »
Hey Mouse, yes that was exactly how my doll came. With her bangs wrapped around a piece of cardboard. The hair roller idea is genious! I don't have one but I'm sure they aren't hard to get. I will try it. I am a procrastinator too.....especially when it comes to school work. :)

Offline mouse

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 30 March 2011, 07:18 am »
Nah they shouldn't be hard to get and I think they tend to come in packs of different sizes so if you did it and you thought it needed to be smaller than hopefully you've already got a smaller curler on hand to fix it how you'd like.

anything