Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Monster High  (Read 17843 times)

Offline Littlemismakeup

Monster High
« on: Friday 11 June 2010, 12:50 am »
Mattel's new line of monster-based teenage dolls comes out soon!

As a grown-up I'm far too excited about this. Is anybody else?

Offline alicewonder

Re: Monster High
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 June 2010, 02:42 am »
Yeah Me lol I'm waiting with baited breath. I soo want a cuby of these. They are soo wicked and seem a bit retro to me yet new. First new doll I'm really excited about. Can't wait to see em in person.

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 June 2010, 07:36 am »
Hee! I'm amazed how viral Monster High has gone.  ;D

I actually own the set of dolls. I lucked into getting them at the end of April in some crazy TRU.com mistake. They were available for sale for about 3 days.

I run the LiveJournal and Flickr groups for MH:
http://community.livejournal.com/monster_high/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/monster_high/
I'm tanz_fanatika on LJ and Veni Vidi Dolli on Flickr.

I don't even have words for how incredible these dolls are. Each one has a headmold specific to her/his character and the bodies are super-poseable. I love the little webisodes on the site and I have an advanced copy of the book coming that I'm dying (no pun intended) to read.

I've loved monsters and dolls ever since I was little. This line is kind of a dream come true for me.

Offline DarkAnjel77

« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 June 2010, 11:54 pm »
I have been waiting FOREVER for these to come out!!!
I want all of them.  Frankie is my favorite with Lagoona Blue as a close second.

Offline WordFuzion

• Inner Child Eternal
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 June 2010, 01:01 am »
Thanks to Lori I've known about these dolls since April and I'm so excited they're finally out! I will definitely have some money at the end of the month and I will be starting my MH collection. It's so hard to pick which one to get first! Though I think I'll save up for Deuce and Cleo first. I have a penchant for all things Egyptian. :)

*squee* So far, this has been the biggest thing as far as new dolls have gone for 2010! *happydance*
<3 Mare

Looking for: SWEETIE PUPS!!!! CBC Brave Heart Lion, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Fluppy Dogs, 80's/90's Playline Barbie, Pound Puppies, Alley Kats, Beanie Babies, Kitty Kitty Kittens, Yum Yums, Rose Petal Place, Wrinkles, Popples, Large My Pet Monster and Pooch Patrol.

Offline duaxeallowed

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 13 June 2010, 11:14 am »
These dolls are soo amazing i have to have them!
im from the uk, will they be selling them here?
i only ask because last time when i bought the liv dolls
i payed alot for the postage on them, then they were all my local shops weeks later!!  >:(

Offline mouse

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 13 June 2010, 11:20 am »
I'm in Australia and have the same thing happen to me quite often! It's no fun realising you could've saved $50  :o

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #7 on: Sunday 13 June 2010, 11:52 am »
I've heard they will be in the UK in September/October.

Mattel's putting a lot of work into this line. There will be a book series, a half-hour animated special, and a live action musical movie, so I think they'll try to make the dolls pretty widespread.

Offline MercurialMonster

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 August 2010, 09:34 am »
These dolls are really neat, I love them!   I had heard about them somewhere (not sure where) and then found the LJ community about them.   I managed to find them at the TRU here last month, and bought Frankie as well as Deuce & Cleo.   They had the other dolls too, but there face-ups were messed up, not to mention I really didn't have the money to spend (shocker!).   I really can't wait to get the rest of them though, I need them all, lol!

Offline Ianua

« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 September 2010, 10:27 pm »
Anyone know if these are available in the UK yet preferbly for 15 squid or under xxxxxx

Offline Linkachu100

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 September 2010, 02:28 pm »
I just got Draculara and Frankie! I love them!!!  ;D

Offline Ianua

« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 02:58 pm »
The second series is out :)

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #13 on: Friday 31 December 2010, 07:47 pm »
I can't find these for sale anywhere anymore. They did have them at Toys R Us before. I live in Canada. If they were recalled that sucks. I'm not willing to pay the high prices for them on Ebay. :(

Offline EmBee

« Reply #14 on: Sunday 02 January 2011, 08:59 am »
I doubt they were recalled but I'm also having a seriously hard time finding them too (I have checked many locations).  Other than the DOTD Frankie Stein I got from my boyfriend for Xmas, all I can find in stores is the original Frankie Stein and Cleo de Nile.

Well, I did find two Lagoona Blue dolls but those particular models had too many factory errors.

:(

-Em
;)

anything