Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: To sticker or not to sticker  (Read 3542 times)

Offline Rider of the storm

To sticker or not to sticker
« on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 01:23 am »
I have a play set with a sheet of stickers that need to be placed on it. My question is should I apply the stickers?
The pros : the play set looks cool and complete
cons : sticker rub and over time the stickers lose the adhesive on the back and fall off.
This toy is lose mint  but I have the box as well.
So should I apply the stickers to the play set or leave the sheet as in in the box ?

Offline mouse

Re: To sticker or not to sticker
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 02:08 am »
What is it that you've bought?

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 03:06 am »
It is the toy biz x-men headquarters play set form the 1990's.

Offline BlackCurtains

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 06:12 am »
That's a tough one! Are you planning on keeping the playset? What you could do is scan the sticker sheet and print it out on safe adhesive paper, and then put the duplicates on the playset while still keeping the originals mint on the sheet.

Offline mouse

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 02:31 pm »
the duplicate sticker idea is a great one! Also there's nothing worse than putting a sticker on crooked and then it tearing when you try and get it off, if you make duplicates and make a mistake you can clean it off and just put a fresh one on.

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 10:20 pm »
 I am planing on keeping the play set as long as possible. There is a printer in the house but I do not know if you can scan images with it or not. At the moment the sticker sheet is in the box and for some odd reason there was a second sticker sheet with three stickers on it but the instruction booklet does not tell you where they go.

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 11:47 pm »
Go to Kinkos or some place like that and have them print a color copy for you.  It'll probably cost you about $.75 but the print will be really nice!  I don't like doing it myself on their color printer because I'd probably do it wrong and not adjust the machine correctly like I have before.

anything