Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: How do I fix this ponys hair ?  (Read 4835 times)

Offline Rider of the storm

How do I fix this ponys hair ?
« on: Wednesday 28 July 2010, 05:42 pm »
I found a mlp while cleaning my room but her tail looks like this : http://picasaweb.google.com/107468114308058405060/BrokenToys#
How do I fix this ?
« Last Edit: Wednesday 28 July 2010, 05:44 pm by Rider of the storm »

Offline flowersinherhair

Re: How do I fix this ponys hair ?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 July 2010, 06:08 pm »
That looks like it will be an easy fix! All you need to do is wet the hair, slather on a bunch of conditioner, and gently comb it out. You'll want to start combing at the very end of the tail and work out the knots down there first, then slowly work your way up to the base of the tail, if that makes sense. :)

Also, which pony is it? I was trying to ID her by the picture, but there's not enough of her showing! Haha!

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 July 2010, 08:09 pm »
It is a summer wing pony her symbol is a dragon fly I have no idea what here name is and the wings are kind of faded but I got her for 25 cents at a sale and just found her again .

Offline flowersinherhair

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 July 2010, 08:25 pm »
That's Highflier! She's a slightly less common pony, I believe - 25 cents was a great deal for her! :)

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 July 2010, 10:32 pm »
Thanks the symbol on her cheek is gone and the one on the hindquarters is slightly damaged too and some one gave her mane a slight hair cut. There are stubs on the  part of the mane on the top of her forehead. I will try this treatment thanks.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 July 2010, 12:47 am »
I don't know if it's safe or not, but when I buy a doll with tangled hair I pour some canola oil on it while dry, work it in, and then gently brush it out.  Much less hair is lost using this method.  I then wash it about twice with Dawn soap.  It always looks great afterward.

Good luck!
-Em
;)

Offline lithiumkat

« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 July 2010, 06:48 am »
I've never heard of that Em but that's a good tip. I've always used people hair products on em.

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 July 2010, 11:37 pm »
I am going to try some baby shampoo or conditioner these are supposed to be gentle and the best type of shampoo to use on artificial hair.

« Reply #8 on: Sunday 01 August 2010, 06:27 pm »
I got the tangles out but it is still a little frizzy but it looks nicer now . I should probably but a braid in it to keep it nice looking.

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 11:56 pm »
I use the cheap conditioners like using V05, it's cheap and it really conditions it better then some of the more expensive ones.  You can leave them to sit with it in for a while if you like but I never do.  Just make sure you get most of it out when you wash it.  You might add a little hot water for a moment and then back to cold.  I then would brush it out when it's wet, dry it with a towel, sometimes I keep brushing it until it's dry while shaking the hair inbetween brushing to get it to air dry faster.  If it is sticking up get some tulle or something and push the hair down where you want it to lay flat and tie the tulle around the pony or doll's head.  keep it on there until it is 100% dry or for really stubborn ones keep on there for a long time and forget about them in a bucket for a while and find them again one day and it should lay flat and stay there perfectly for you ;).

« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 12:03 am »
Her tail is still frizzy I am going to wash it again and then braid it to make it look nicer .