Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Does anyone else feel the same.  (Read 9460 times)

Offline Wardah

Does anyone else feel the same.
« on: Monday 16 August 2010, 03:48 pm »
I am a fan of many different girls toys from the 80's onward and still to this day go to the toy aisle to see what's out there. Sometimes if I have the money I'll even get something. So the question is is there anything out there right now that you like? I'll tell you all my current faves in a little but but I want to see yours first.

Offline apanda0622

Re: Does anyone else feel the same.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 August 2010, 04:33 pm »
The only new toys I buy now are the Strawberry Shortcake dolls with plastic hair.  I hate the MLPs that are out right now except for the non-mermaid ponyvilles.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 August 2010, 05:41 pm »
I think  Fairykins are very cute. But I rarely see those around anymore.

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 August 2010, 06:03 pm »
My collection ranges from 80s toys to modern. So yeah, I have current faves. Monster High is my #1. I'm so in love with this line.

Others:
Bitty Buttons
Best Friends Club/BFC Ink 18" dolls (Yuko!)
New SSC
Disney Fairies
New Polly Pocket
Some Barbie, usually collector level
Li'l Woodzeez

And other random stuff. I like a wide range of toys.

Offline brenda

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 August 2010, 03:58 am »
hi I'm new but I love this thread!  I like:

moxie teenz (the big articulated ones)
woodzeez
bitty buttons (but don't have one; have you seen at target their outfits are on clearance!)
the mini strawberry shortcake BUT I like the ones with soft hair
the NEW polly pockets are cute!

Offline mouse

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 August 2010, 11:31 am »
I think  Fairykins are very cute. But I rarely see those around anymore.

Strangely after you posted this I saw a bunch of them on clearance at TRU. They are cute, in a chubby fairy kinda way!

Offline mouse

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 August 2010, 11:42 am »
I like lucky bee bee charms (they're sorta current, they stopped making them last year after a very brief run!), littlest pet shop (but not so much anymore), Sylvanian families (which are kind of an 80's toy because they've stayed pretty much the same!), sometimes I like re-hashes of old toys (I have new rainbow brite and new Strawberry shortcake), if they're on sale/clearance I buy polly pocket pets and I like but don't actively buy new Puppy/pony/ocean/jungle in my pocket (not kitties - I don't like cats! Not 100% on baby in my pocket). I have quite a bit of toy story stuff.

If we had them over here I would've bought the Wizard of Oz Barbie Petites.

When they were making them I liked the Yummy Land dolls - we never got the pet sets over here otherwise I would've got those. As it is I just got one doll when it was on clearance.

I like some barbies - I've got some newer, like the Toy Story (except the Barbie loves Jessie one which they don't sell here and I'm not sure I'm keen enough to pay for shipping!), Tarina Tarantino and My Melody barbies.

Oh Schleich. I have those too.

I did used to not mind My Little Ponies but I'm not keen now they've made them all small bodied and big headed.

Offline Wardah

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 17 August 2010, 09:19 pm »
Mice are usually not fond of cats.  ;D

I haven't seen the Woodzeez near me yet but after seeing them I find them cute too! I would like the Bitty Buttons if they were smaller.

Right now the ones I can think of are that I like and would buy them all if I wasn't on a new toy buying hiatus:
New My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake and Littlest Pet Shop
New Polly Pocket but just the pets
New Polly Pocket sized Disney Princess dolls with the cloth dresses
Disney Princess horses
Barbie pets
In My Pocket pets
Zhu Zhu Pets/ Furry Frenzies
Zoobles
4ever Lil Angelz
Bratz Kidz before they started the snap on clothing
I'd also like an articulated doll or two but it would probably be a hybrid anyways.

I am sure there are others but I can't remember them right now

Offline mouse

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 18 August 2010, 04:23 am »
I have zhu zhu pets too. Quite a big lot of them actually but I'm not really collecting them. I would like to get some of the kung zhu ones for my nephew.

Oh I like the polly pocket style disney dolls too.

There is quite a lot of things I see that I like but I try not to buy too much!

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #9 on: Friday 20 August 2010, 04:49 am »
I absolutely LOVE the new Liddle-Kiddle-esque mini Barbie toys. They're adorable.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 02:50 am »
I like looking through the toy aisles but I hardly ever find anything I like anymore.  I'm disappointed in a lot of the barbie stuff since a lot of them seem to have those awful hollow legs or the molded on clothing *bleh*.  I almost bought one of those basic models but they all had funky eyes.  The eyes were not properly put on and looks off to me.  I bought a Holiday Christmas Eden Barbie last year and bought two of them.  One had funky eyes and the other didn't.  Opened the funky eyed one and decided that one was okay but a lot of other barbies in the aisles still have this funky eye problem.  Anybody else notice this eye problem too?

Offline EmBee

« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 03:32 am »
I really like the idea of the Barbie Basics but I do not like their thinness.  They are the skinniest Barbies I have ever seen.  The poor hipless darlings.   :)

I'm not sure what you mean about the eyes, maybe you think they're too close or too far apart?  Maybe the eyelids?  I do notice that they have made them more cat-like in that the outer corners are very high placed.

http://wizbangpop.com/images/2010/05/Barbie10BacktoBasics.jpg

-Em
« Last Edit: Monday 27 September 2010, 03:43 am by Em »
;)

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 04:13 am »
It's like they placed the eyes in the wrong angles and it freaks me out lol.

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 04:15 am »
What I'm talking about is inconsistancy of the product.  There the same dolls there and one has a funky right eye and another of the same one has funky eyelid and makeup placement and so on.  My husband even noticed it.  Some were okay but the rest were looking funky in a bad way.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 05:36 am »
Well that's interesting.  So maybe if they're painted by machines there is some occasional misalignment.

-Em
;)

anything
anything