Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Dreamland Baby by Mattel, 1994  (Read 23412 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Dreamland Baby by Mattel, 1994
« on: Friday 12 March 2010, 07:43 pm »
An anonymous person emailed me this brief doll description:

"Hey, I was wondering if you remembered the name of the doll that you got a list of names with and you picked one and sent away and then they sent you back pajama's and stickers and what not with the name you picked on it?"

UPDATE!!!
Thanks to Alexandra and Candice who identified this doll as a Dreamland Baby, produced by Mattel in 1994. The box reads:

"The dream baby you name, personalise and make your very own! Take a moment and imagine a wonderful place, in a beautiful world filled with ribbons and lace. Nanny Annie is there with babies and more, she takes care of them all, it's really no chore. The babies are waiting for mommies like you, to cuddle and kiss them and name them too! Select your dream baby, the one you love the best, then give Nanny Annie a call, she'll help with the rest. Just tell her the name of the baby you adore, and she'll send you an outfit, name labels and more! In the Dreamland Nursery there's a baby for you, and a special club for the best mommies too!"
« Last Edit: Friday 12 March 2010, 07:58 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline Candice

Re: Dreamland Baby by Mattel, 1994
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 March 2010, 04:39 am »
Here's a picture of one still in the box. I still have mine in my room :)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 March 2010, 10:35 am »
Hi Candice, I'm going to add a section in for this doll shortly and I would love to use an image of the front and back of your doll in her box if possible. Just let me know!
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline Candice

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 March 2010, 06:55 pm »
Oh, mine is not in her box anymore. The image is from http://texaswatertowers.com/kayandlyn/mattel.html

Offline Bren41882

« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 March 2010, 09:20 am »
OMG me and my sister had these mine was dressed in purple my sis's in pink. I thought I was losing it trying to prove they exsited everyone thought I was talking about Cabbage Patch Kids.
"Death does not stop true love, all it can do is delay it for awhile."-Westley in The Princess Bride

Offline MissMyDolls

« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 April 2010, 02:05 am »
does anyone know of anyone selling one of these?....please let me know!!!

email me at majikninjettenm2@aol.com

Offline Irma9

« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 September 2010, 05:40 am »
Oh wow I absolutely loved these dolls.  I remembered how excited i was to open the box.  I still have my two, but their original outfits are floating around.  It would be nice if mattel came out with a new version, i would totally but it for my "daughter" now lol.  All the baby dolls out now are either fugly or just creepy.

Offline foxyroxy208

« Reply #7 on: Friday 04 February 2011, 11:00 pm »
I adore these dolls. They were definitely my childhood favorite.  I have saved them for when i have children.  I have six 3 blue, 1 green, a hot pink and a coral.  I have been looking for a purple one if anyone knows where i can find one.  I believe those are all the colors it comes in if any one knows of any other i would like to know  ::)

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #8 on: Monday 07 February 2011, 08:14 pm »
Here are some catalogue scans. They came from a 1995 Mattel Catalogue.

Offline lunabella516

« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 March 2011, 09:11 pm »
Does anyone know where i can find those dolls again :'( I MISS MY ALELELE!!!!!!! had her for a long time and my mom made me throw her out. Where can i find dreamland babies mattel 1994 in a box....would someone sell it to me!?!?!

Offline lunabella516

« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 March 2011, 09:13 pm »
on the picture above mine was the blonde with light blue eyes....waaaaaaa

Offline ROBIN65

« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 May 2011, 10:28 pm »
I have a green one for sale never been out of the box. All paper work is still with it. Make offer by calling 479-721-1955 I think we paid $35.00 or $36.00 for it in 1994. Our daughter did not like the eyes, so she never played with it. If you pay for shipping and the cost of the doll,  its yours.

Call if you are interested. Thanks

Offline jcortes725

« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 February 2012, 10:17 pm »
omg IM DEFINITELY interested!!!!!!!! Mine was pink female, plat blonde hair with blue eyes!!! I miss alelele!

Offline jcortes725

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 14 March 2012, 09:01 am »
Hi!!! Im still rather interested, if you are selling it I would love to purchase it immediately! I have an ebay account. Its jcortes1001 or you may email it to me at bronzegoddess625@yahoo.com!!! Please reply asap! ;D

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 14 March 2012, 12:30 pm »
The individual who posted has not logged in for quite some time and is not likely to see this post. I recommend sending them a pm or an email to see if they still have this doll.
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

anything