Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: How to get a doll's curls back in place?  (Read 7378 times)

Offline Fairy Dust

Re: How to get a doll's curls back in place?
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 09:28 pm »
If the hair is nice and silky (or used to be- if it used to be use conditioner first and then follow direction) then you could boil perm the hair.  Others have here say they've used straws and pipecleaners but you could also use the people sized wet hair curlers you can get at any hair place like Sally's.  Make sure they are the ones that do not have the rough little spots on them because it can snag the hair when you take out the curlers.  I curl up all the hair as tight as I can.  Then lift the dolls arms over her head.  Either boil some water in a pan and dump out over her head, wait a few seconds (I choose to wait about 10 seconds) and then I dump the head in to a bowl of ice cold water.  I dry off my doll and leave her to dry over night.  If you can wait about 24 hours or longer her hair should be nice and dry (always check, you can wait longer if it doesn't seem 100% dry).  Then after all that waiting you can take out the curlers and see her nice pretty curls!

A lot of the time now I don't bother boiling the water since the water in my apartment seems to be boiling out of the tap lol.  I just turn on the cold side when I'm done with the hot water hehe.  Waitings the hardest part for me.  I want to see those curls faster!  Unfortunately if you don't wait until it's 100% dry, they can become loose and lose their curl.

anything