Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: What did you buy now ?  (Read 47495 times)

Offline EdenEye

Re: What did you buy now ?
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 12 January 2011, 04:10 am »
Hey Em, I think the employee was definetly wrong. However, I did discover something that may have been the reason why the dolls were removed from the shelf.

The 2-pack (Cleo De Nile and Deuce Gordon) box I got is in spanish. So far I visited two Zellers stores after buying my dolls and they all had only the 2-pack,  four or so of each and the boxes were all in spanish! Thinking maybe this happened with the other dolls at Toys R Us and maybe they sent the dolls back and haven't had them replaced?

I don't know.

I did call a Toys R Us (Different store then where the guy said the dolls were recalled), and they said that they are NOT going to get them again. These dolls are so hot, how can they not restock them? Do they not like sales??? LOL. The employee was probably wrong and I may send Toys R Us Canada and email just out of curiousity.

I can however say that I am able find and buy the 2 pack of dolls if anyone is interested. It is $39.99 while the singles I purchased were $19.99.

What's my Favorite doll: Frankie Stein! I Love her hair, tempted to get my hair done a similar way. Lol.

Oh....I also bought a super cute Monster High Bag. At $30 it was a unnessecary splurge but I loved it and it transforms between a two different purces, bag and backpack. Also, plenty of these left at a nearby store if anyone is interested. But no other merchandise at all.

http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-T1406-Monster-High-Transforming/dp/B003LPUCPY
« Last Edit: Wednesday 12 January 2011, 05:15 am by EdenEye »

Offline Isis

« Reply #31 on: Thursday 13 January 2011, 11:32 am »
I bought:

- Charmkins Blossom and browned eyed susan on card
- Darlin' dinos snazzies all 4 on card
- mimi & the goo goos baby & teddy, baby and shoe, baby and cake on card
- mimi & the goo goos big playset complete in box
- Tinkle tots baby in yellow moon with lollipop, baby in purple moon with drinking bottle and 2 seperate baby's

All in great condition, so I'm very happy  :D

Offline Isis

« Reply #32 on: Thursday 13 January 2011, 01:21 pm »
And Charmin' Farm friends Meritus 5-pack mint on card  :D

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #33 on: Sunday 16 January 2011, 03:50 am »
At the antiques mall I got a kenner care bear plush for brave heart lion today . He is in great shape with only a slight rub on the heart on his back side for about 6.50  I also paid about six dollars for a box of dinosaurs attack cards. The question is do I leave the box of 48 card packs alone or do I open  them ?

Here is a picture of brave heart

« Last Edit: Sunday 23 January 2011, 05:20 pm by Rider of the storm »

Offline Fabian

• I <3 old toys ! :D
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 20 January 2011, 04:55 pm »
About 20 TY beanie babies on Ebay for 20 dollars :)

Cant wait to have them here so i can Have them on my display :)

I<3TY
If you want to add me on MSN...ASK 1st (I only add people I know normally or have A general need to talk too .)

« Reply #35 on: Sunday 23 January 2011, 05:19 pm »
Nice find people here are still asking for five dollars if not more for ones with both tags.

Offline ianthe99

« Reply #36 on: Friday 28 January 2011, 11:49 pm »
Today I found a Wuzzles board game, G1 SS Shady in near mint condition with factory curl..G3 Sweet September, G3.5 Pinkie Pie, a Pinkie Pie Snowcone machine, MOTU Merman with his harness, Charmkins Magic Garden pocket pops with Primrose Fairy and MOONDREAMERS GALAXIA! A very good day!

In the last couple of weeks I have also found a Sweet Secrets dangles (the mouse in a car made of cheese) some of those plastic bell charms on a chain, a vintage Love a Lot Care Bear, Grams bear's shawl and a jacket for a my child doll.

« Reply #37 on: Saturday 29 January 2011, 04:09 am »
Nice finds i probably will not find anything till the spring.

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 30 January 2011, 01:00 am »
Awesome finds ianthe99!

Things are kind of dry here. Relying on eBay to get me through the spell.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #39 on: Saturday 05 February 2011, 07:01 am »
well at the antiques mall i got a dakin plush from 1982 that is a wolf in sheep's clothing he is so cute but i do not know why it has the tongue sticking out of one side of the mouth.  I will try to get a pic posted soon  ;D

Offline mouse

« Reply #40 on: Monday 07 February 2011, 01:38 pm »
well at the antiques mall i got a dakin plush from 1982 that is a wolf in sheep's clothing he is so cute but i do not know why it has the tongue sticking out of one side of the mouth.  I will try to get a pic posted soon  ;D
I have 2 wolf in sheeps clothing by NICI. Here is a cartoon of the NICI wolf in sheeps clothing and how he came about: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25274336@N03/5361996877/in/faves-miss_mouse88/ I'm interested to see a photo of your dakin one :)

Offline mouse

« Reply #41 on: Monday 07 February 2011, 01:41 pm »

« Reply #42 on: Saturday 12 February 2011, 02:24 am »
I bought three more action figures from amazon they should be in some time next week.

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 22 February 2011, 09:06 pm »
Hi here are the pictures of my sisters wolf in sheep's clothing stuffed Dakin plush
front view of plush

close up of the tag

back view of plush

Offline MissAliRae

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 23 February 2011, 02:02 am »
Went thrifting this weekend at the Goodwill outlet and a nice thrift shop nearby.
The thrift store was holding a 4 for 99 cents deal on the stuffed animals, so I went a bit crazy! Had some great finds though and got several new species! (I'd like to eventually have a stuffie representative for every species that has one...) And new characters from movies (same deal as the species) including a great Bruce from Finding Nemo, A super cute Rudolph plush and a pikachu that says her name!
At the goodwill outlet got some more stuffies, some barbies, Fawn from Tinkerbell's friends, some newer LPS, 1 G3 adult pony and a G3 baby pegasus pony, some Barbie Kellys and a Kidcore Kelly look a like!

(I also got some awesome Ice Cream String Lights, Purses, and  Dumbledore's Army tshirt)

In total I got 62 new plushies :x
It all cost me under $30!

anything