Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Lots of Barbie goodies and one doll.  (Read 15751 times)

Offline EmBee

Lots of Barbie goodies and one doll.
« on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 03:03 am »
These are all from my childhood.  Oh dear, good luck...

Believe it or not, what I want to ID above anything on this page are these shoes.  I remember loving whatever dress/outfit came with them, but I can't remember it for the life of me.
UPDATE-->

*So I was looking for something doll-related in my friend's attic and found the dress!  She let me have it, yay!!  I still can't figure out what it is but now I know it's from a genuine Barbie fashion set (which now I must have MOC).

Oh I'm such a happy loser  ;D

~

The only marking she has is "Made in China".  She is likely from the 1990s.

Bought her the minute I found/IDed her :)

~

1. Ballet Lessons Barbie
2. Stargazer Keeya (Kelly Club)
4. Children's Doctor Barbie and Kelly
6.5 Hollywood Hair Skipper
10. Ocean Friends Barbie & Keiko Gift Set
11. Ballet Lessons Barbie
12. Bix Limited Too Friends Forever Doll
14. Ballet Lessons Barbie
19. Baywatch Barbie
21. Babysitter Skipper

Thank you!
-Em
« Last Edit: Sunday 28 August 2011, 12:11 am by Em »
;)

Offline MercurialMonster

Re: Lots of Barbie goodies and two dolls.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 07:46 am »
I vaguely remember when the Barbie doll you posted came out, but I can't remember what she was called.   I think they actually produced one or two lines with that body type, but again, memory is wanting to be a pill right now.

And the first outfit is familiar as well, I wonder if it came off of a My First Barbie (there have been sooo many variations of her).

I will go a-hunting and see if I can't find anything.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 07:59 am »
Haha that's okay, I'm just glad she's not obscure or anything.  Yes I really remember enjoying the doll in the first outfit.  I'm going to say she wasn't a My First Barbie just because she probably isn't easy to dress (tying the slippers) but I could be wrong.

Thanks!
-Em
;)

Offline pikapal

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 09:03 am »
You doll with the flexible belly might be a later issue skipper or a Generation Girl.

Offline nhtpirate1980

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 05:01 pm »
Believe it or not, what I want to ID above anything on this page are these shoes.  I remember loving whatever dress/outfit came with them, but I can't remember it for the life of me.  They have a pearly sheen to them.  I do not know if they went with a doll or came in a fashion set.  

If they are real Barbie shoes, they are the same of 1988 Pretty Perfume line  ;) :

^^
My pictures et scans albums : http://www.flickr.com/photos/nhtpirate/sets/

Offline Leigh_Lu

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 07:07 pm »
#10 was a video camera that came with the Barbie Oceans Friends set.  It was Barbies.  There is a glare right over the video camera but I am positive this is it...I have it :)

http://www.lynneslovables.com/90s%20pics/Ocean%20Friends%20Barbie.jpg

Offline EmBee

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 09:32 pm »
@pikapal
After checking, she does not match any Generation Girls that I can see.  I am not sure about her being a Skipper.  Thanks!

@nhtpirate1980
Wow that's awesome!  Unfortunately I don't think that is it though.  :(  I wouldn't have had a doll from that year and I've never seen the dress before.  But thank you!

@Leigh_Lu
Wow that is definitely what that's from!!  Thank you!  I remember every little doo-dad in that set, especially Keiko's fins.  :)

-Em
;)

Offline hotpinksweetpea

« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 October 2010, 02:17 am »
12. The jeans aren't homemade! My little sister had those to go with one of her Barbie type dolls! She was born in '89, so most likely made in the later 90's.  I remember we used to fight over who got to dress Barbie in jeans!

The doll in the black flowered dress my sister also had! So again, most likely late '90s!  She was slightly wider and had a bigger head than a skipper doll. But she came with that black purse and those tights! She also came with a little chain necklace with a flower on it that matched the black purse with the pink flower. Also I remember the black leopard coat!  I THINK the doll was actually from the little girl's clothing store Limited Too!  My sister looooved that store and I know we NEVER got any Mary Kate/Ashley Olsen dress up dolls!  So I would look into the Limited Too company   :)   I kind of remember them having dolls produced and maybe sets of clothing for them you could buy seperately.  The #12 jeans might actually go to this doll, because I remember the doll came with a change of clothes. The flowers on the jeans match the type of flower on her purse.     Hope that leads you in the right direction!

Offline MercurialMonster

« Reply #8 on: Friday 01 October 2010, 09:15 am »
I still can't tell you which Barbie the last one is, but I can now tell you she has what is known as an "Ever Flex waist".   Unfortunately, the only ones I can find appear to have the open mouthed smiles... so, I am still trying to find that exact doll.

Offline nhtpirate1980

« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 October 2010, 04:18 pm »
@nhtpirate1980
Wow that's awesome!  Unfortunately I don't think that is it though.    I wouldn't have had a doll from that year and I've never seen the dress before.  But thank you!

I think it had been re-use after with Barbie or with other dolls...  ???
^^
My pictures et scans albums : http://www.flickr.com/photos/nhtpirate/sets/

Offline EmBee

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 October 2010, 05:57 am »
@hotpinksweetpea
Thank you, that is very helpful information!  I think that's a good lead because I really liked Limited Too when I was young and it would make sense.  I think their old logo used to be a flower as well.  I will most certainly keep a lookout for an LTD2 doll and those jeans.  That's awesome that your sister had her too!

@MercurialMonster
Ooh okay that is interesting.  Thanks a lot!

@nhtpirate1980
Oh yes yes I agree.  I just meant that particular doll.  Thanks!

-Em
;)

Offline hologram900

Re: Lots of Barbie goodies and one doll.
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 March 2011, 08:01 am »
Number 6: the skirt belongs to hollywood hair skipper

Offline EmBee

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 March 2011, 08:06 pm »
Thank you hologram900!  I think you hit the nail on the head with that one.
The strange thing is, I never had that doll!   ???  Very peculiar, that never happens to me!

-Em
;)

Offline jadedoz

« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 March 2011, 04:50 am »
The number 20 little red shoes are the same as the ones that go with United Colors of Benetton Barbie. Here is a link to my doll with her accessories:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jadestoys/5395108810/in/set-72157625234441318/

The white Barbie boots are the same as the ones that came with some of the Barbie Western Fun outfits, although I cant identify what exact outfit. I have some yellow coloured ones:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jadestoys/5341090152/in/set-72157625234441318/

Hope this helps!!!

Offline Lauralovelylocks

• I am doll parts, bad skin, doll heart....
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 March 2011, 05:25 pm »
The little red trainers - number 20 - also went with the Skipper outfit So Active Wear from 1984. There was also a t-shirt and shorts set (joined) and a red sports bag.