Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Yukky doll  (Read 8903 times)

Offline Ianua

Yukky doll
« on: Thursday 14 October 2010, 09:06 pm »
Anyone know what this is .... sorry it's a link I can never get pics to imbed properly the seller says it's cabbage patch but I remember them as being cute and this is well ...yukky :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CABBAGE-PATCH-BABY-DOLL-15-TALL-ML4-/290353810007?pt=UK_Doll_Bears_Dolls_EH&hash=item439a6f8a57
Seller: EasySell It
« Last Edit: Wednesday 16 March 2011, 05:07 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline invaderhorizongreen

Re: Yukky doll
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 02:21 am »
it could be a knock off of one but it may be one of the soft bodied ones if they were even made

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 04:05 am »
It creeps me out! :)

Offline marialuisa_mt

• Los Barriguitas de Famosa
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 04:15 am »
I don't know who she is, but I can assure you that's not a CPK! That seller is really confused! Good luck founding who she is!
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline Ianua

« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 11:17 am »
@ Angel bear I know like I say yukky :)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 November 2010, 03:25 am »
Yeah...
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 December 2010, 11:27 pm »
can we nick name it the blob baby ?  ::)

Offline Snork_Maiden

« Reply #7 on: Saturday 04 December 2010, 09:44 am »
Ewww! I adore chubby babies, but this one looks like Baby King Pin!

Offline catlover51

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 December 2010, 01:11 am »
Garbage Pail Kid maybe?

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 December 2010, 03:36 pm »
from what i found garbage  pail kids did not make dolls. however the cabbage patch kids went through several company's.

this is what i found 1982-1989 they were produced by coleco then in 88 hasbro bought it when coleco went down, then in 89 mattel took it until 1994.

Offline Wardah

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 December 2010, 08:03 pm »
I can't help but wonder if it might of looked better when it was new and in the outfit it came in. It almost looks like only the face was supposed to show. Like maybe the face was supposed to peek out of a bonnet that might have been attached to an outfit and the clothes came off for washing.

Offline Coma

« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 December 2010, 02:07 am »
No, in no way, under none of any of the CPK companies, Coleco, Hasbro, Mattel, TRU or in any of the countries that produced any CPK product could this even remotely be considered a CPK doll.

There are, and always have been for the past 28 or so years several knock off CPK dolls. This could just be a really, really bad fake!

Offline Snork_Maiden

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 December 2010, 07:31 pm »
I can't help but wonder if it might of looked better when it was new and in the outfit it came in. It almost looks like only the face was supposed to show. Like maybe the face was supposed to peek out of a bonnet that might have been attached to an outfit and the clothes came off for washing.

I think you're probably right about that. But even so, the face isn't very pretty.

Offline Fairytales14

« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 March 2011, 07:46 pm »
I'd have to agree with you. It does look as if only the face was meant to show..partially if that. Right now, it looks almost like the hunch back of notre dame or soemthing :L
I dont know though, it has a sort of vulnerability about it that i like, regardless.
It's hands and feet look very familiar to me. I'm new on Ghost Of the doll so im not that experienced in these toy related things yet but if im not mistaken, it's hands and feet are similar to that of Cabbage Patch Kids.
I'd say either it's a pretty bad knock-off or you may have a very rare prototype on your hands that never quite made it to mass production? I dont know...i always like to hope for the best with these things (: Good Luck x

Offline RavynQ

« Reply #14 on: Thursday 05 May 2011, 04:46 am »
I wish you the very best in finding info on her, but she really does look as if she could be "Jaba The Hutt's" (sp?) child..or toy..lol   :-X

anything