Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Mattel Puppy?  (Read 4469 times)

Offline bridgette8611

Mattel Puppy?
« on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 05:42 am »
Can anyone help me figure out who is this pup?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Barbie-doll-big-Barking-Dog-Mattel-Uniquex-002-/140465356844?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b463402c

I had one when I was a little girl they had a bunch of different breeds but I cant remember what in the world they were called :)

« Last Edit: Sunday 17 October 2010, 06:03 am by zuse »

Offline MercurialMonster

Re: Mattel Puppy?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 12:11 pm »
It looks like one of the dogs from "Barbie Pets" and "Barbie Deluxe Pets" (wow, Mattel, what a creative naming concept).   Came out around 1998 (are you really that young?  That is the year I graduated, lol!).
I found a few up for auction on Ebay... a Cocker Spaniel (in the Barbie Pets line), a Collie (Deluxe), and a Sheep Dog (Deluxe).   The dog you posted looks like a collie, but it doesn't match the Deluxe Collies I saw on Ebay.  So, I can't tell you if it is actually one of them. 

Of course, Mattel sometimes reuses ideas/concepts/molds, so it is entirely possible the dog was from an earlier line.  For instance, I noticed while searching that there was another dog in a "Barbie Pets" box, but with a name (Mandie), a plush face, and dated 1996.

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 October 2010, 12:15 pm »
What about Sweetie Pups? They're Hasbro rather than Mattel and don't bark, but are very similar:

http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_SweetiePups.htm

Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 31 March 2011, 03:49 am »
Was this ever ID'd? Picture is gone.
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

anything
anything